Niagen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most recent Fountain of Youth supplement. Seems to have solid research behind it. Nicotinamide Ribose. Pre-cursor for NAD (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide). Supposed to rejuvenate the cells mitochondria. I'm about 8 (250mg) capsules into a 30 count bottle.

I'll let you know.

So far, I still look like me in the mirror.

I prefer my good health not come from a bottle. It's so very easy to just eat a well rounded, healthy diet and keep one's self fit that I don't see a need for any pills.

If there were positive proof that there were some fantastic added benefit, perhaps I'd consider it. But when terms like "fountain of youth" get bandied about, especially with no real clinical studies, then I'll choose to save my money.

There has been research done. Harvard genetic scientist invented synthesis of it. It occurs naturally in beer and milk albeit only in trace amounts. Plenty of info on the net available via search engine so no need to re-hash it here. Again, it is a pre-cursor to Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide, which has been shown to rejuvenate cellular mitochondria which are the energy engines inside a cell.

P.S.: tinmanSC, take my photo down okay?

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
There has been research done. Harvard genetic scientist invented synthesis of it. It occurs naturally in beer and milk albeit only in trace amounts. Plenty of info on the net available via search engine so no need to re-hash it here. Again, it is a pre-cursor to Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide, which has been shown to rejuvenate cellular mitochondria which are the energy engines inside a cell.

I accept your challenge!

To the brewery!!!

beer3.gif

beer3.gif

beer3.gif

Most recent Fountain of Youth supplement. Seems to have solid research behind it. Nicotinamide Ribose. Pre-cursor for NAD (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide). Supposed to rejuvenate the cells mitochondria. I'm about 8 (250mg) capsules into a 30 count bottle.

I'll let you know.

So far, I still look like me in the mirror.

LoneRanger any update on taking Niagen?

I did one bottle and it seemed positive and when for six. The science sounds solid but I think young people may not really see any difference. At 64 I think it is positive. When I ran out for a week between orders I kept feeling fine.

Then rather than gobble handfuls of pills I'll just drink a glass of milk or have an occasional beer and call it good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back