Cars you wouldnt drive if they were FREE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything illegal.
That covers unroadworthy and uninsured, if necessary I would drive anything if I needed to.
Years ago I had a girlfriend who told me she wouldn't be seen dead in my Lincoln. Then she called me one morning because her car wouldn't start, so I took her to work. On the way she lectured me about my dreadful car, so I put her out at a stop light to save her further embarrassment. Strangely, I never heard from her again....

Claud.

Originally Posted By: Claud
Anything illegal.
That covers unroadworthy and uninsured, if necessary I would drive anything if I needed to.
Years ago I had a girlfriend who told me she wouldn't be seen dead in my Lincoln. Then she called me one morning because her car wouldn't start, so I took her to work. On the way she lectured me about my dreadful car, so I put her out at a stop light to save her further embarrassment. Strangely, I never heard from her again....

Claud.

Haha awesome!!
11.gif

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
I can't think of a single car I wouldn't drive if it were free.
Some cars are not much fun and some are really hideous, but all of them serve the basic purpose of transporting you and your stuff from A to B.
If I were in a position where I had no car and couldn't afford to buy one, I'd be totally open-minded about any free car that ran or could be made to run with a little work and minimal cost.

I agree with this.
If I need a car, and it is FREE and I do not have a car or it shows improvement over my current ride, why would I refuse it as long as it is safe?
Sometimes function needs to trump form.
I'd recommend changing the title of the thread to: "Cars you wouldn't drive, even if they were dirt cheap."
FREE can make the aestheically repellent tolerable.

I'd rather drive my Kia soul over any sheize made in America- any vehicle with the UAW logo on it let's me know it's a piece of [censored] with car parts stuck to it.

I have an Indiana UaW sticker on my door jamb and was glad when I saw it after the initial disappointment of having a northern salt car, but it was just built there and purchased down around here.

Enjoy your soul.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back