New Havoline High Mileage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone used this yet? Picked up a jug today at WalMart for $14.99. Figured it was worth a shot in my 180k mile Civic

[img:center][/img]

Originally Posted By: volk06
Its not new. Its been around for a couple years, just has a new label.

Oh wow, OK! Didn't even know they made a HM oil... the new bottle and label is eye catching though!!

That picture is like holding a unicorn. People have questioned the existence of Havoline HM because it's listed on their website, but nobody ever finds it.

By default I'd use it with confidence simply b/c I've never used a Chevron/Havoline product that I didn't like.

I love the stuff. I used it in my Focus prior to using Valvoline NG. I have more Havoline HM in the stash and look forward to using it. Definitely a high performing sleeper oil.

How can it be as good as Mobil 1 when they don't have all that advertising and exposure like Mobil 1.

What happens if it's as good and cheaper, too? Oh, no. This could change everything. Imagine picking a produce without being influenced by advertising. What a concept. Has that ever happened, before?

Originally Posted By: sicko
That picture is like holding a unicorn. People have questioned the existence of Havoline HM because it's listed on their website, but nobody ever finds it.

By default I'd use it with confidence simply b/c I've never used a Chevron/Havoline product that I didn't like.

It is all over the Old Dominion, easy to find and even shows up at Sam's Club. The Unicorn is 0w20 Havoline. Non-0w20 Havoline's distribution seems regional to a lesser extent but in the Southeast it is normally widely available.

Havoline_zpsa11e8c3a.jpg

Anyway, it is a great sleeper oil. Havoline always does less and is normally a great price.

Bob Hope: Mobil1 vs Havoline
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBD4ZqOYiCI

Last edited:

Originally Posted By: racin4ds
Good to know! Never seen it before and figured for $14 a 5qt jug it was a deal! I may go get more!

Yup. High Mileage for Havoline are both mentioned in the fine print.

To the OP, do you have a Fred's Super Dollar store in your area? If you do, they carry Havoline conventional and high mileage at good everyday prices. They stock 30, 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30, 10W-40, and 20W-50 in conventional, and 5W-20, 5W-30, and 10W-30 in HM.

No Freds in My area Red91... Our Walmart was the only place I've EVER seen this HM Havoline, even checked Advance and Autozone and do dice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back