Anyone follow WRC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They used to show it on Speed a few years ago but now I can only get it streaming. Rally Sweden is going on right now, these guys are insane. What I wouldn't give to be at one of these!

I agree. WRC are so much more spectacular and exiting then most other racing classes, including F1 and Le man. And the sweedish rally is one of the best. As well as rally Corsica and The rally of Finland.

Unfortunately too many years of dominance from the Citroen team and Sebastian Loeb. Almost ruined the class.

People in Michigan drive like this all the time, you should see the wrecks on the interstates there.

I used to watch it all the time on Speed. I always think of rally drivers as the best wheelmen in the world of racing. Lately I have seen some races on Velocity TV, but is is called ERC (European Rally Championship) rather than WRC. I don't know if that is the separate division, or new name.

Originally Posted By: BikeWhisperer
They used to show it on Speed a few years ago but now I can only get it streaming. Rally Sweden is going on right now, these guys are insane. What I wouldn't give to be at one of these!

Is that best of rally live site a subscription? I miss WRC on Speed sorely. It's real racing.

I have my DirecTV DVR set to record all of the WRC events. It comes on MAV TV (DirecTV ch. 214). Just got the recordings of Sweden this weekend, but haven't watched them yet.

Originally Posted By: shDK

Unfortunately too many years of dominance from the Citroen team and Sebastian Loeb. Almost ruined the class.

Yea, that didn't help...lost a lot of manufacturers.

The new 1.6 liter formula is interesting. VW is on top but not dominant. Hyundai, Ford, Citroen seem all competitive.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
I have my DirecTV DVR set to record all of the WRC events. It comes on MAV TV (DirecTV ch. 214). Just got the recordings of Sweden this weekend, but haven't watched them yet.

Yes, this is where I follow it as well.

Monte Carlo, Sweden, and Corsica are my fave rounds, followed by Finland, the mixed surfaces of Spain, and the classic GB (I still call it the RAC
wink.gif
).

I so wish the Ford/M-Sport, and ALL of the Ford privateer teams and drivers to do well, and break the stranglehold that the factory VeeDub team and drivers has on the sport right now (although they have the coolest looking rides).

And to think that they were non-existent in world rallying until just 2 years ago.
There MUST BE some BIG BUCKS thrown at that program by VW/Audi group!!!

Originally Posted By: Inspecktor
I used to watch it all the time on Speed. I always think of rally drivers as the best wheelmen in the world of racing. Lately I have seen some races on Velocity TV, but is is called ERC (European Rally Championship) rather than WRC. I don't know if that is the separate division, or new name.

No, the ERC is a lower (and separate) division than the WRC, but many of the privateer competitors in that series will compete as lower seeded drivers on the WRC events when it comes to their local areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back