DTD tires I received are 8 years old!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a set of GoodYear Eagle 195/65/15 for the SunFire last week only to receive them today and the 4 digits on the tires next to DOT are 0907 which means the tire was made the 9th week in 07, am I right?. I'm really surprised they have had such an old tire in stock.

What would you guys do if you were in my shoes?

TIA

Since local Discount Tires say they won't balance or rotate or fix a flat on any tire that reaches 10 years old, I'd say you have every right to get them replaced/refunded.

Return them.

Demand new stock.

SAMS Club in the US had a similar situation a few years ago with old Michelin inventory.

They replaced the tires.

I'll call the salesman I ordered from tomorrow and try to return them, The Douglas tires I have now were made 2011.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Normally in such a situation you get flowers, a dinner and then the motel room. It appears that they are taking a short cut.

laugh.gif

I would start asking what the date code means. Maybe call Goodyear first and ask them to explain the date code. Once you have your facts in order call and ask for a return.

I need to check the ones I got yesterday from DTD.

I recently wrote some computer code for the company I work for and wanted to ensure a unique name and used a date as part of it, but the date format I choose (you have a few options in REXX) was number of days since the start of century. So not all date codes are equal.

Originally Posted By: Donald
I would start asking what the date code means. Maybe call Goodyear first and ask them to explain the date code. Once you have your facts in order call and ask for a return.

I need to check the ones I got yesterday from DTD.

I recently wrote some computer code for the company I work for and wanted to ensure a unique name and used a date as part of it, but the date format I choose (you have a few options in REXX) was number of days since the start of century. So not all date codes are equal.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=11

Originally Posted By: Tirerack

Tires Manufactured Since 2000

Since 2000, the week and year the tire was produced has been provided by the last four digits of the Tire Identification Number with the 2 digits being used to identify the week immediately preceding the 2 digits used to identify the year.

Example of a tire manufactured since 2000 with the current Tire Identification Number format:

Post_2000_Full_Dot.jpg

Originally Posted By: Tirerack

In the example above:
DOT U2LL LMLR 5107
51 Manufactured during the 51st week of the year
07 Manufactured during 2007

To the OP-
Originally Posted By: Azeem
the 4 digits on the tires next to DOT are 0907

Are you reading the correct 4 digits of the number? See the pic posted above. You don't read the four digits directly to the right of the "DOT" marking. It's the last four digits of the list of numbers/letters.

If you are correct, call and I bet they'll swap them. They have good customer service.

If they really are 8 years old, I would not install them.

goodyear eagle? which model. Post a pic of the date code.. but if they are that old.. they should replace

" the 4 digits on the tires next to DOT are 0907"

I agree with Stephen. You use the last four digits, not the first four.

I was wrong, I should have looked at the last 4 digits. It's 0415. I'm good to go. Thanks everybody.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Amazing how OP jumped to conclusions in this thread.

Fixed that for you. Everyone else just assumed that OP knew what he was looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back