I want a MONSTEROUSLY POWERFUL ... Magnet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm done fooling around...

I want a MONSTEROUSLY POWERFUL ... Magnet. Or whatever the term for "pure" "gauss" "draw" is. I've looked at Neodeym but hey, who knows the purity really.

However it must be able to fit safely on the bottom or side of an transmission pan in a latemodel car, Camry. And not become a hazard.

ANY good reliable, well priced sources? Any "MAGNET" guys out there that can help?

Sounds like Trav took care of it already. Thread closed!
smile.gif

I had some 'monster' magnet on my transmission pan briefly.
I took it off after 6 Months.
Reason - I would never know if it was collecting any particles unless I removed the pan.

What I ended up doing was:
1) Weld a hex nut to bottom of pan
2) Install 'magnetic' drain plug. (super strong Earth Magnet)

Now, once a year, I do a drain/refill.
Remove plug and inspect magnet.

Originally Posted By: SumpChump
... this would be put on the outside of the pan...
Putting on the outside means most of the magnetic flux will prefer to flow through the steel pan from pole to pole rather than through the air on the inside.
Agreed, I'll bet it already has at least one inside.

Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech

You can also use an OE Toyota or aftermarket magnetic drainplug.

Don't think I can in this case because it has a plastic fill tube that shoots up into the fluid to set level on the U760E. So the drain plug is just a plug disk covering this secondary plastic tube and thus is never exposed to the fluid.

N52 grade are the most powerful neodymium mags you can buy at present. I have had two fingers inbetween two n52 magnets with 350 lb holding force.... I thought i was going to lose my fingers. Unbelievable PITA to try and pry them off with steel screw drivers.

MAGNEFINE is what you want.

I want a MONSTEROUSLY POWERFUL ... Magnet. Or whatever the term for "pure" "gauss" "draw" is. I've looked at Neodeym but hey, who knows the purity really.

However it must be able to fit safely on the bottom or side of an transmission pan in a latemodel car, Camry. And not become a hazard.

ANY good reliable, well priced sources? Any "MAGNET" guys out there that can help?

Go to a farm supply store or website and buy "cattle magnets". They are very strong and coated in neoprene. They are great for holding stuff on the fridge etc. and will not come off a metal pan. Inexpensive.
Cattle magnets are placed in cows first stomach to catch any metal they might pick up grazing that could injure their digestive track. Upon slaughter, everything is in the 1st stomach. Who says you don't learn anything new on here.

What are you trying to do with this magnet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back