Windshield Wipers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this is exactly the correct forum for this question. Please move it if appropriate.

It's time to replace the wipers on our Mazda 6 and Caddy DTS. I've traditionally been using the Bosch Icon or Trico Force replacements with decent results.

Does anyone have a favorite go-to brand and/or model? I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on something great by going with the old standbys. Thank you.

Rain-X Latitudes. Little pricey upfront but always last several years on my cars.

I personally have found no difference in wipers (at least in my climate, which I assume yours is somewhat similar). I've bought expensive wipers, and I've bought cheap wipers. In the heat they just die although every once in a while I or a family member gets a pair that last a long time, sometimes even the $5 ones. I personally just buy the cheap ones and replace as necessary. Now if I lived in a mild climate I would probably buy some fancy ones. Depends on if you live in cool weather and whether your car is garaged all day and night.

ANCO Transform.Part old style blade (with refills) and part aerodynamic blade (with snapped on plastic covering).I have tried numerous beam blades and the rubber edges all peel off quickly.These use old style full blown refills that would take years to tear.

I bought some cheap autozone 6 dollar per blade winter wipers a couple of years ago for my truck. They still wipe perfect. I found that windshield curvature, arm pressure on the blades, and blade length have alot more to do with having a good wipe that choosing expensive wipers. My truck is old and it has a relatively flat windshield with short wipers and good arm pressure so i get a good wipe for a while.

Denso FTF Designer blades, mostly made in Japan and Korea. And at a higher price PIAA silicon blades made in Japan. Some use them effecrively for 5 years.

Bosch Icon have been my favorite for the PNW...that said the $7 Costco Goodyear wipers are doing just fine right now on my F150.

My 11 years old S2000 has second blades, the OEM lasted about 6.5-7.0 years, the current pair is Anco beam type is at least 4 years old and still working well. The E430 is 16 years old and on third blade.

Looks like wiper blade can lasted 5-6 years here in So Cal.

My favorite brand of wipers are Trico. I also had a pair of Bosch Icon's blades last over 2 years.

Check out Rock Auto, they have the high end ANCO on a closeout for $3.80 each, even with shipping I got $12/15 dollar blades for $6.00.

I've tried various brands, ANCO Contour blades, Bosch ICON blades, Valeo, Trico, etc. etc. Most of them struggled to make it past a year, some of them didn't even make it a full year.

So with one ANCO blade streaking across its center, and the other one skipping making an annoying rubbing sound, I quickly bought some cheap AERO Premium wiper blades. Completely surprising to me, they're absolutely great.

I bought them because I was annoyed by my old blades and figured these would at least work temporarily until I get something better. But they're been excellent. Granted it's only been 2-3 months, but from new they've had an excellent, complete wipe across my windshield, and they continue to wipe just as good as when I put them on, even in the snow.

As long as they continue to wipe this good, I don't care if I have to replace them every year, I'll continue to buy them. Even after a couple of months, they're still wiping better than the other blades wiped when new on my windshield.

Obviously this can be subjective by vehicle, aerodynamics, windshield curvature, etc. But for me, they've been great.

I also buy the Valeos on amazon. CR rates them well. I also use Rain-X treatment on the glass, and am very happy with results.

So far, Bosch Icon seems to be the best wiper blade I have ever used. They last more than 2 years, and in Florida, that is an accomplishment.

The other Bosch wipers, however, should be avoided.

I've always used BOSCH Icon blades on my vehicles and they usually last about 2 years. Being in Southern California we don't get much rain so they don't see very much use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back