14,000 mile change results.. 2007 Hummer H3..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to share some results I got back today.

2007 Hummer H3 with 92K on the clock.

Just what the title says, let this thing go for a year, just to see what would be the results. Kept it full and let it ride.

Went a full year without an oil change, actually a year and 2 weeks and 14,120 miles with ~2 quarts added over the life span.

Running Pennzoil Platinum 5-30.

Blackstone says..

Quote:
You'll be pleased to know that your engine and the oil handled the long
oil run just fine. Universal averages show typical wear after about 6,400 miles of oil use. You went 14,120 miles and still got average wear, so internal parts are getting along nicely. You'll notice sodium is high, but it's just a harmless additive in the oil, not coolant contamination. The viscosity was fine and no measurable contamination was found. Try going up to 16,000 miles next time and let's see how your engine handles that. Fantastic report!

Last edited:
This is 1 of some extended drain synthetic oil UOA shows it can be in service longer than 10k miles, but many drivers have much shorter OCI at less than 7-8k with synthetic.

If you are going to be pushing the OCI you really should have the TBN. Blackstone is NUTS suggesting to go to 16K OCI without the TBN.

Better yet, send it to Polaris and get TBN and oxidation/nitration.

Haven't touched the air filter. I'm giving it a small tune up in a couple weeks, it'll get a new air filter.

you just damaged your motor by not changing your oil soon enough
i change every 3,000 regardless of what oil is used

Originally Posted By: jacky
you just damaged your motor by not changing your oil soon enough. i change every 3,000 regardless of what oil is used

What are you basing this on? Certainly, it is not based on science and while it is your money that you are wasting on 3K OCIs, you are not gaining anything by doing so.

Rubbish.

changing oil too frequently can cause increased engine wear.

Clueless.

I suggest reading more and posting less considering from what I've seen of your posts thus far you know absolutely nothing about oil,engines and lubrication.
Since you joined one can assume you are trying to learn something therefore learn and stop with the current nonsense.
3000 mile intervals have their place in specific duty cycles. This isn't one of them.

I suggest going over the entire forum and start reading,and post nothing too you've learned something.
3000 mile intervals. Truly laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back