BG109 vs Kreen vs Rislone HM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for the effective and safe cleaner for ring packs, but never use BG109 before.

Has anyone used those and compare the performance ?
It seems Rislone HM viscosity is thick so not sure if that will reduce the effectiveness, and normal Rislone does not really mention about cleaning ring pack either.

Kreen looks good even though it is difficult to ship overseas, any other recommendation ?

I can't speak for first hand for Rislone, but I do have first hand experience with BG 109 and Kreen. I'd use Kreen if you can get it.

Finally I decide to use mt remaining Kreen to free the ring packs, it is just about 3oz on 4 quart sump. It helps to remove the ping and improve the torque, it darkens the oil fast in 2 days (150 miles), but not really black yet.

Still undecided to add more Kreen or just leave it and drive further before dumping the oil.

BG109 all the way. BG makes some of the best (if not the best) additives around. I have used BG109, BG brake fluid, BG transmission fluid, BG coolant, etc. I have never had bad luck with anything BG!

Originally Posted By: kr_bitog
Finally I decide to use mt remaining Kreen to free the ring packs, it is just about 3oz on 4 quart sump. It helps to remove the ping and improve the torque, it darkens the oil fast in 2 days (150 miles), but not really black yet.

Still undecided to add more Kreen or just leave it and drive further before dumping the oil.

Just an update, finally I decide not to add more kreen but leave it for about 2 weeks/ 800 km, everyday the drive getting better with more torque and less ping.
The engine also becomes dead quiet again, something that I did not realize after 30-40k kms, Then finally i drain the oil, put back the PU 5w-30 + Motor Protect, and the engine keep quiet, totally different before my lst change (before adding Kreen) where the engine sounds rough and less torque.
Just a great testament of Kreen.

on the sidenote, after I change clutch master pump, my clutch linkage have annoying screeching sound when I press the pedal half way. so I try to squirt some aerokroil to the clutch slave spindle that press the linkage to the clutch housing, and leave it for 10 minutes. Voila, the sound is gone and the pedal works smoother. Not sure how long it last but hopefully lasts for months before need reapplication.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Another happy Kreen user! A great product for stuck rings and carbon build up.

Thanks for posting...

thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back