Favorite engine oil for Mazda 2.5 l Skyactiv?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a conservative driving style use a 20-weight synthetic. For spirited driving that the typical Mazda owner prefers (according to Mazda), a 30-weight is in order. Also watch-out for fuel dilution beyond 5K depending on the amount of short trips and idling in traffic.

Originally Posted By: 147_Grain
For a conservative driving style use a 20-weight synthetic. For spirited driving that the typical Mazda owner prefers (according to Mazda), a 30-weight is in order. Also watch-out for fuel dilution beyond 5K depending on the amount of short trips and idling in traffic.

I'm not a conservative driver. The gas pedal has two positions: on and off. I am leaning towards a 0 or 5W-30. In my Corrado I ran M1 15W-50 for years, in more recent years I used 5W-40, but I'm sure the Mazda can get away with something thinner.

I don't care about the price of the oil at all. An expensive oil like Red Line is fine by me, as long as it's the best choice for the engine and my driving style.

hotwheels

my last car was the 2.0 skyactiv and i used 0w20 mazda oil with moly only.

I recommend a uoa to keep on top of fuel dilution with DI as 147 grain said.

Originally Posted By: 147_Grain

I have a lot of short trips, cold (down to 0F) and run 10k OCIs with no problems and no signs of fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back