ABS issues 2010 Toyota Yaris

Status
Not open for further replies.

My daughter who is away at college has told me she is having issues with the brakes on her car which sounds like the ABS is acting up. Pulsating pedal occurs for no known reason at times just driving around and coming to a stop. Is there a recall, TSB or reset I should be aware of?

Could be warped rotors or anything else. Might be a good time for her to find a local mechanic. Don't strut in there saying your ABS is acting funny, just tell them what you told us, pedal vibrates.

A "false positive" for ABS on dry pavement will result in that sinking pedal feeling, and not stopping on time. Other failures would cause the ABS light and it would revert to "normal brakes".

Brakes were done by dealer when car was bought 6-8 months ago and checked by me just recently when I rotated the tires. Rotors, pads and everything else looked fine. I am thinking maybe a bad sensor but until she comes home I can't check it. Car does not do it all the time it only happens intermittently.

Originally Posted By: 007
Brakes were done by dealer when car was bought 6-8 months ago and checked by me just recently when I rotated the tires. Rotors, pads and everything else looked fine. I am thinking maybe a bad sensor but until she comes home I can't check it. Car does not do it all the time it only happens intermittently.
Did the dealer replace the rotors for sure when you had it done?

you have to check yourself and not just go by what she says. my daughter also drives a yaris, but 07 non-ABS.

once she said that it needed oil change. why? because her friend was riding with her and he said the engine sounded like it needed oil change, LOL, oil was fairly new.

another time she said the car was broken. why? the engine raced while going down. LOL, it up-shifted on downgrade like it's supposed to do.

BTW, yaris is an extremely reliable car and toyota ABS is generally trouble free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back