I still have the Blazer. Fun for all on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne
Job 1:

Maybe your employer thinks it's ok, but if you worked for me and you spent that much time trolling the internet, posting pictures of the workplace during work hours, and posting work documents on the internet, you'd be fired.

My employer DOES think it's ok. The nature of my job issues me to document any and all issues, and also to shop online, using the Internet. You would be firing a productive employee. You would also have to fire everyone in management. But I take it you are from a different line of work.

However... It is a "stand desk," so, sitting down is against the rules. So, perhaps I will take these two chairs out of here. I did not put them in, but it would be a credit to me, if I took them out. (Though the other manager sits. He gets told to stand, when the other manager comes in. So.. maybe I should..)

Here. In Bayonne, NJ.

928504f1bd84656ef3dac4ed21324f13.jpg

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Notice anything different about the honda (other than the busted headlights)?

Different plate front and rear. I'm not sure about New Jersey, but around here that's not legal.

Or given the original poster, it may well be two different cars.

It took me a second to realize that it could be made out to seem that "I had different plates front and rear." However, that was not the case.

Had to re-register it...

Both the Expedition and Honda are Registered and Insured with valid Inspection stickers, as per NJ, thank you.

Actually, I wasn't saying anything about the registration, I was thinking about the mechanical shape, and having all the items required (headlights, tail lights, radiator, etc) that if you don't have installed, a police officer could pull you over, and make your day worse.

As for everything you have told me, here's what I would do, if I were in your situation:

Stop spending money on anything except the Expedition, until it is in 100% working order, and has had all maintenance items brought up to snuff.

Once that is taken care of, then I would start visiting salvage yards/pull & pay yards, until I have all the parts needed to have the Honda back in running condition. In fact, I would go further, and replace that horrible looking hood, at the very least.

Once the Honda is back in shape, I would use it during the spring/summer/fall for all the heavy driving, to save as much money to build up a truck fund. Once you have a couple grand in the truck fund, I would scour the US, and find an identical year truck, preferably from a non-rust state, like Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Kansas, Texas, etc. I would buy it, and then swap everything that is important and in better shape from your dad's truck to the new one.

This way, you will still have a truck that is connected to your dad, but is now free of the gremlins that your current truck has, like the rust gremlin, and the engine running issues gremlin. And since you swapped over some parts, it is still connected to your dad's truck.

Then you can send the rest of the heap that you currently have to the salvage yard, so that it can be scrapped, and turned into a shiny new truck's engine block.

But, that's just my advice, if I were in the same situation you are currently in.

Also, I have an uncle in law who is also a high functioning Asp.
He's a researcher for the one of the University of California campus'.
His primary focus is on Botanical research, and he's a brilliant man in his field.
He also refuses to drive, and own a vehicle, because he found that the task of driving is mentally anguishing, and he just can't engage in it safely, with the way his mind works.

We had a very interesting conversation several years back when I first met him about the severity of his condition, and the struggles that he has with certain tasks.

Specifically about working on a vehicle.
We both know that he's more than intelligent enough to identify an issue, research how to come up with the appropriate solution to the problem on hand, and has the manual dexterity to perform tasks, like changing the spark plugs, and oil filter, but in his opinion, it's the mental challenge of actually running through the physical steps from opening the hood through closing the hood where he can't trust himself to not get distracted and wind up running off onto something not related to the task he originally set out to accomplish.

Where as with Botanical research, he has all the time in the world, and he's discovered a few new species of flora in California over the past 5 years, that had to be newly classified. To say that he finds that to be immensely rewarding in comparison to properly maintaining a car is an understatement.

He's also not the world's best when it comes to finances, so there is that.

Good luck with getting everything sorted out on the three vehicles.

BC.

Maybe your employer thinks it's ok, but if you worked for me and you spent that much time trolling the internet, posting pictures of the workplace during work hours, and posting work documents on the internet, you'd be fired.

+1 I can't imagine that they want that info out to everyone in the world. Wow, if I did that at work I would get in a ton of trouble. When you are at work, you are getting paid to work, not to play around on BITOG.

Originally Posted By: ClutchDisc

+1 I can't imagine that they want that info out to everyone in the world. Wow, if I did that at work I would get in a ton of trouble. When you are at work, you are getting paid to work, not to play around on BITOG.

See earlier post.

See earlier post.

I already saw that, but that doesn't say anything about how your employer has asked you to play around on BITOG and post pictures of work and work documents on a forum.

Originally Posted By: ClutchDisc
See earlier post.

I already saw that, but that doesn't say anything about how your employer has asked you to play around on BITOG and post pictures of work and work documents on a forum.

Insperity, a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 27 years, provides an array of human resources and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. Insperity™ Business Performance Advisors offer the most comprehensive suite of products and services available in the marketplace. Insperity delivers administrative relief, better benefits, reduced liabilities and a systematic way to improve productivity through its premier Workforce Optimization™ solution. Additional company offerings include Human Capital Management, Payroll Services, Time and Attendance, Performance Management, Organizational Planning, Recruiting Services, Employment Screening, Financial Services, Expense Management, Retirement Services and Insurance Services.

Values
Integrity as the cornerstone of personal and corporate conduct
Respect for the worth of the individual
Achieving goals through servant leadership and teamwork
Commitment to high standards and the pursuit of excellence
Accountability as a means to elevate individual and corporate performance
Innovation as a fundamental driver of long-term success
Embracing change as an opportunity to learn and improve
Contributing to the communities where we live and work
Perseverance through an abiding faith and optimism

I kinda see a slight issue here...also why it's not always wise to post your employer. Not that I would say anything (not my business), but someone who might not like ya might research a bit more than I did...

Hoping to see that blazer fixed soon sir....
smile.gif

This thread is hilarious.

Still..... be careful MalfunctionProne, your employer might not mind a little exposure but too much could cause you more trouble than you bargained for. Although a few members hear are
being obnoxious, several others, and myself just want to make sure you keep your job out of genuine concern.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
This thread is hilarious.

Still..... be careful MalfunctionProne, your employer might not mind a little exposure but too much could cause you more trouble than you bargained for. Although a few members hear are
being obnoxious, several others, and myself just want to make sure you keep your job out of genuine concern.

Cheers.

This is true.. but let me just say real quick: I been stalked, online, maliciously, by some people that felt they disliked me enough to try to make all sorts of trouble for me. They even phoned in the authorities, told them I made an "imminent threat" against them (three states away.. no lie..) .. and had the Police show up at my door. I had to chuckle and laugh as they realized that the had been had.. but tried their best to remain serious. I had a smile so large.

I think it is some of the experiences I have had that make me so open.

And I again need to rebut those that would "fire me:" If I am looking at Toyota Electric Pallet Jacks, model http://www.machinerytrader.com/list/list.aspx?Manu=TOYOTA&Mdltxt=7HBW23 then all is well. So.. stop dissembling what my online work is. I appreciate those that know that it's not their job. And you simply do not know my job description. "What concern is it of yours?" Oh, some people feel they need to enforce themselves..
lol.gif

Alright.
thumbsup2.gif

Job 1:

My employer DOES think it's ok.

Let me guess, you'd probably get another "recognition" if someone sent a link to this thread to your boss.

I kind of doubt his employer is Insperity. Insperity is used by many, many employers as their timesheet/payroll/HR service. I used their services at a previous job.

My fear with "a whole new engine" is that it may, again, have... rod knock..

Unless, perhaps, 100% rebuilt...

But then, can't i just bring in what I have to the machine shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back