ok too use berryman chemtool every fillup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all:)Is it ok, not ok, or risky? too use Berryman B12 chemtool at lets say, 1oz per gallon? Back of can says too use at that dose, every 3rd fillup i belive i read.i know its a strong nasty solvent. it would be for a 98 toyota corolla. i like using MMO everyfill up sometimes supertech or gumout gas additive...have used chemtool tooclean up combustion chamber, cleaning carboned up EGR valveon a 95 neon..mlted it all off in seconds!
But too constantly use in everyfil up? would that be safe/wise?

Depending on where you normally get gas there's already additives in it. If you want to use some at each fill up it shouldn't be a biggie. I'd keep the oci's shorter though since some may make it past the rings.
Personally I throw in a good dose of techron on the tank before each change.
What's your goal with the gas additives? If it's cleaning carbon from the combustion chamber a little water sprayed as a mist into the throttle body works pretty well. Keep the rpms up and don't go too nuts.

Last edited:
thought so.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYnHP6XILmI
thats a video i just found. some guy, is using a boescope too inspect his piston number 3 after vaccum of chemtool through his intake. thiers a before vid too. dosnt look like it did much at all
smirk.gif

but perhaps in the gasoline? just saw avid, some guy thinks/knows, chemtoolwould simply evaporate before ignition over the piston.

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
Techron is better

Not necessarily. IIRC there was some literature published recently discreditting a lot of the "benefits" of techron.

OP I wouldn't use something like Berrymans every oil change. I would do something like Berrymans or Royal Purple Max Clean(I personally prefer Max Clean) every other oil change and MMO every fill up to keep the fuel system clean.
thumbsup2.gif

Oh and I personally would avoid Gumout, Lucas and others. They are pretty much junk. There are a lot better formulas out there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jk_636
Techron is better

Not necessarily. IIRC there was some literature published recently discreditting a lot of the "benefits" of techron.

OP I wouldn't use something like Berrymans every oil change. I would do something like Berrymans or Royal Purple Max Clean(I personally prefer Max Clean) every other oil change and MMO every fill up to keep the fuel system clean.
thumbsup2.gif

Oh and I personally would avoid Gumout, Lucas and others. They are pretty much junk. There are a lot better formulas out there.

I remember reading on here that Gumout with Regain was regarded as one of the best fuel system cleaners on the market.

you guys must have a lot of money to waste...

every 120k get your fuel injectors professionally cleaned by Trav on here or RC Engineering (I have used them 4 times and I get > EPA estimated on all my cars on average)

or get re-manufactured fuel injectors(AAP), these always seem to be OEM Denso re-manufactured for my cars (same as professionally cleaned) every 120k, this seems to be cheaper then RC Engineering cleaning my original injectors...

Either of those two routes will be MUCH MUCH cheaper and also way more effective, other then the 1zzfe fuel injectors I have had cleaned, most fuel injectors don't really show much variation from original output, at least from my experience.

1zzfe fuel injectors for some reason, always get dirty around 120kish (which is the reason for my suggested interval)

IIRC B12 is mainly acetone and toluene, both of which are already components of normal pump fuel.

Redline SI1 is a mch more effective cleaner.

I believe iv read on the bottle that it says to uses every fill up for best results. I'm not 100% on this so please don't quote me on it but I'm fairly sure iv seen it. However I wouldn't run it every fill up, maybe every other oil chance.. Maybe.

Techron is better

thumbsup2.gif

Here is gumout with a boroscope, also a site sponsor.

A waste, only because it is overkill. I use it because you can soak parts in it. And it is cheap and available. I do use a heavy dose in gummed up carbs on my OPE. I often can clear out a balky carb with a strong dose. 4oz to a 1/2 gallon of fuel. Ive had enough success with this to use it before taking the carb apart.
Only once have I used Regane and noticed an improvement. I use it once a yr. No change in performance or MPG. So the injectors are OK is my conclusion.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Techron is better

thumbsup2.gif

Gumout has pea. Same as techron. Unless you are saying techron isn't effective.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Scotty Kilmer was absolutely wasted in that vid. He could barely keep his eyes open and slurring his words.
Classy.
Or not.

That's what makes his videos the best.

He's from Texas. They all talk like that lol.

He's from Texas. They all talk like that lol.

Not too far from truth.

Originally Posted By: ziggy
Hello all:)Is it ok, not ok, or risky? too use Berryman B12 chemtool at lets say, 1oz per gallon?

Chemtool is good on varnish (it works fast) not much else. Use it once and it works great if not then try a PEA based product, different types of deposits respond to different chemicals.

If nothing works then remove and have it professionally cleaned. Once its clean PEA will keep it clean and free of varnish, no need and no benefit dosing every tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back