More $tealership shenanigans. Forging surveys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not surprised, not one bit. I worked at a Honda dealership that wouldn't pay the new car guys their bonuses unless every CSI came back with 100% satisfaction rating. Imagine needing 25 cars sold to hit the monthly bonus, and needing 25 CSI reports stating 100% satisfaction in order to get that bonus? All you need is one customer to screw the whole thing up. I wonder if that has anything to do with it? That's why I sold used cars........

Originally Posted By: daman
I don't understand how a salesman can make a living.

You can make a good living, if you have a boss and management team that isn't trying to screw the eyes out of your head every chance they get. Good luck finding them.

I got a survey from Ford for my Mustang buying experience. Threw it in the trash.

Why would I want to give someone an attaboy for ripping me off?

I don't get it. Dealerships need to be eliminated and we can all save 20% on our new cars.

i noticed that toyota would only send me a survey when service went smoothly. if there was any glitch (commonly), no survey showed up. makes you wonder why.

I just purchased 2 new Honda's, both times the sales guys begged us to please fill out the survey that we were 100% satisfied. They said if we didn't they would get fired. They said that Honda requires 100% on each one.

Well, guess what, we didn't give either dealership perfect ratings...sorry guys.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
i noticed that toyota would only send me a survey when service went smoothly. if there was any glitch (commonly), no survey showed up. makes you wonder why.

Absolutely my experience as well!

The surveys are a sham that only hurt the dealer employees. After my less than stellar service experiences at my work, I was told in an around about way that if my surveys were not returned with a 100% score, I would be job hunting. Luckily the survey ended up in a email trash folder with an account that does not have a receipt to sender function.

Originally Posted By: sasilverbullet
I just purchased 2 new Honda's, both times the sales guys begged us to please fill out the survey that we were 100% satisfied. They said if we didn't they would get fired. They said that Honda requires 100% on each one.

Well, guess what, we didn't give either dealership perfect ratings...sorry guys.

This is the correct "way" to fill out the surveys.

Give the rating you believe is the honest one for how your buying and or service experience went.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
I got a survey from Ford for my Mustang buying experience. Threw it in the trash.

Why would I want to give someone an attaboy for ripping me off?

I don't get it. Dealerships need to be eliminated and we can all save 20% on our new cars.

Forgive the bluntness, but if you got ripped off, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Recently I looked into buying a WRX. Took me all of a few hours of research and sending e-mails before I was getting offers of new WRXs for hundreds below "invoice" price.

Mustangs are a dime a dozen...a little footwork would have gotten you a great deal.

"Let the buyer beware"

Yes, the old 10 or zero. Classic sign of incompetent management. Everything can be improved. Therefore I never give 10's, Knowing how my time is wasted by the incompetent management unable to use real information, now I never fill one out anymore. Waste of time.

Rod

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Took me all of a few hours of research and sending e-mails before I was getting offers of new WRXs for hundreds below "invoice" price.

The problem is that you will never really know what the invoice price is. Like so many other things related to a dealership the invoice price is easily tweaked and there is manufacturer hold-back money and the like that skew the whole thing. It is amazing that car dealerships still exist in this day and age as it is one of the last "old world" sales types remaining.

Originally Posted By: ragtoplvr
Yes, the old 10 or zero. Classic sign of incompetent management. Everything can be improved. Therefore I never give 10's, Knowing how my time is wasted by the incompetent management unable to use real information, now I never fill one out anymore. Waste of time.

Rod

Why would you throw it out, it is going back to
the manufacturer corporate offices, not the dealership. The only way the $tealership will be
forced to improve their behavior is to have
the mfrs see the survey.

Oh, and where they ask for any comments definitely take a few minutes to explain any issues in detail. These comment sections do get read and acted upon.

Last edited:
I bought a brand new 2004 Ford Ranger in March,2005.
I was flat out asked what It would take for them to get 10's on the customer survey.
I told them a Bedliner installed in the truck at no additional chsrge, after negotiating $9200. off of the sticker.
Both parties got what they wanted

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

Rod

Why would you throw it out, it is going back to
the manufacturer corporate offices, not the dealership. The only way the $tealership will be
forced to improve their behavior is to have
the mfrs see the survey.

Oh, and where they ask for any comments definitely take a few minutes to explain any issues in detail. These comment sections do get read and acted upon.

If they want it filled out they can pay me for my time. If they are doing the all 10 or it is a zero then they are NOT interpreting the information, so why waste my time.

Any company that treats customer feedback this poorly is wasting my time.

Rod

Originally Posted By: Tdbo
I bought a brand new 2004 Ford Ranger in March,2005.
I was flat out asked what It would take for them to get 10's on the customer survey.
I told them a Bedliner installed in the truck at no additional chsrge, after negotiating $9200. off of the sticker.
Both parties got what they wanted

smartest response so far

If they want it filled out they can pay me for my time. If they are doing the all 10 or it is a zero then they are NOT interpreting the information, so why waste my time.

Any company that treats customer feedback this poorly is wasting my time.

Rod

It's the $tealership that is abusing the survey, not the corporate manufacture, if you took a few minutes to explain on the comment section that said $tealer was brow beating you to use all 10s to rate them it would get back to corporate, and the store would be penalized and if they don't cease that they will possibly lose their franchise.

Last edited:
I took my aunt's 2013 VW Beetle in for its 20k mile service. The guy was rude and was wanting to up sell on a brand new car $100+ to fix the issue with the A/C smelling bad. He suggested turning the A/C to "outside air" before turning the car off so that it "flushes the condenser" when it turns off. Um, sorry but what's it flushing it with? Unicorn tears? Also the condenser is up front, the evaporator is in the dash (which he was referring to). Also wanted to charge $100+ for evacuating the A/C and recharging in order to check for leaks because the A/C sometimes doesn't want to come on, again on a brand new car that is under warranty. The guy didn't know his head from his a$$. He gave special instructions on how to fill out the survey and if it isn't 10/10 that to talk to him first. The manager of the service department got a rude email and phone call. Hopefully he doesn't work there anymore
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back