Valvoline 0W40 spotted at AutoZone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: orlzx6r
Originally Posted By: edyvw
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Yeah, I noticed the flash seems low. Interesting the difference between "melting point" and "pour point" is almost 10C eh?

Like I said, not worth of $9 a quart. It is questionable whether it is worth of looking at it next to m1 and Gc for the same price.
Most importantly, do not know NOACK and HTHS.

We know the oil has a NOACK no higher than 10 percent (requirement for MB 229.5) and the HTHS is at least 3.5 cSt (requirement for ACEA A3,MB 229.5, Porsche A40 and VW 502.00)

Yeah, I am very well aware of that.
However, NOACK of 10% and 8% is big difference.
HTHS of 3.6 or 3.8 is also big difference.
SO I as a customer, would like to know that.
M1 at least give HTHS number.

Originally Posted By: orlzx6r
Yeah, I noticed the flash seems low. Interesting the difference between "melting point" and "pour point" is almost 10C eh?

Like I said, not worth of $9 a quart. It is questionable whether it is worth of looking at it next to m1 and Gc for the same price.
Most importantly, do not know NOACK and HTHS.

We know the oil has a NOACK no higher than 10 percent (requirement for MB 229.5) and the HTHS is at least 3.5 cSt (requirement for ACEA A3,MB 229.5, Porsche A40 and VW 502.00)

Yeah, I am very well aware of that.
However, NOACK of 10% and 8% is big difference.
HTHS of 3.6 or 3.8 is also big difference.
SO I as a customer, would like to know that.
M1 at least give HTHS number.

For the intended application I doubt it makes much difference as long as it meets the minimum requirements. That's exactly why the automobile manufacturers created their respective specs in the first place.

Quote:
For the intended application I doubt it makes much difference as long as it meets the minimum requirements. That's exactly why the automobile manufacturers created their respective specs in the first place.

I think different. Difference between MB 229.5 and 229.3 is 3%. Those are small numerical differences but big differences in practical application. If Valvoline cannot drop it below 10%, and M1 can, or Castrol can (9.1%), than why is that? Why should I buy product that is good enough, when I can buy product that is much better than Valvoline? Than like Castrol, when youa re not publishing data, that to me is a sign that you are hiding something.
Also, considering carbonization issue on TSI engines, the lower the NOACK the better oil.

Wow, this is so new it isn't even on their website and there is no PDS for it
21.gif

Here's a link to the updated PDS, including this new 0w-40 grade.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
21.gif

Looks very comparable to M1 0w-40, right down to having a pretty low NOACK. I'm quite impressed!

21.gif

Looks very comparable to M1 0w-40, right down to having a pretty low NOACK. I'm quite impressed!

Yes it does look. Flash point is 10c lower than M1.

21.gif

Yes it does look. Flash point is 10c lower than M1.
Don't you mean "however the flash point is 10C lower than M1"?

Originally Posted By: virginoil
So what are the specs listed on the back of the Valvoline 0w-40 jug ?

Is a photo available ?

Why, you think it's different from what the PDS shows?

If NAPA up here stocks it and includes it on their sales, that could be rather cost effective.

Originally Posted By: virginoil
So what are the specs listed on the back of the Valvoline 0w-40 jug ?

Is a photo available ?

Why, you think it's different from what the PDS shows?

Sometimes there is a mismatch with products on the shelf and the PDS on the website.

Some shelf stuff is upto 2 years and data changes.

I would like to see the product matches the PDF and ensure its currency.

The stuff literally just hit the market here within the last month, so there is no way it's 2 years old. But I hear what you're saying. Maybe the OP can post a photo of the back of the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back