RMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan with 67k on it. The engine is the 3.3 Liter. The oil has been changed regularly. I have noticed the side of the engine being wet and it has been using some oil in between changes. I looked below the engine and I can see oil running down the back of the engine. The lower and upper intake gaskets were replaced about 3k ago. The leak from there is no longer. I took it to the mechanic that fixed the upper/lower and he states it’s the rear main seal. I took it to the dealership for a 2nd opinion. The dealership supposedly ran dye through the system and couldn’t find a leak. The side of the engine is visibly wet but it’s not leaving any oil spots on the ground. Any opinions or comments?

From what I have read on the internet it may be the crankshaft/camshaft sensors or rear valve cover gasket.

My 2001 t&c with a 3.3 did the same thing. We drove it for 4 years and 45,000 miles like that. Just added a quart every thousand miles. We did have some leak on the driveway but it wasn't much.

I also switched to max life in that car and it slowed the leak. I ran Defy in it one time and the leak got really bad until I switched back to max life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back