Air filter recomendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bryn
I have a 2000 Audi A4 1.8T, I like the sound of the Amsoil filter- and the product application guide says the EAA239 fits but I can't find that model for sale

They discounted the Amsoil filters recently due to slowly sales. What you can find available is getting limited. It's a shame to because the product is a superior one.

The problem is almost every engine size/type of the same company uses different air filter, therefore the sale volume is fairly low unless the vehicle is a high volume such as Ford F-series truck, Toyota Camry or Honda Accord ...

Oil filter is different, many models of the same company and even many different companies use a same oil filter.

Not sure where my original reply went but anyway, removed 2 K&N and had dirt in both intakes. Would not recommend K&N. Amsoil seem good but cannot find for every car I have. eFa looks good, the dry synthetic on but cannot find real efficiency info, same with Airaid. only the % but cannot find the micron rating.

i guess i don't get all worked up with filter brands as long as the construction is good and it fits in the air box the way it should.

I had an instance awhile back with a microgard not fitting an airbox i mean major air-gap like it wasn't even the right filter at all but the part no. was the one listed.

i took it back and bought a fram instead, and it fit a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back