Bose Quiet Comfort 20i In ear Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone here used these new Bose in ear headphones.
I fly a lot and am trying to justify the extra $199 for noise cancelling technology.
The regular Bose in ear non noise cancelling are $99.
Are the noise cancelling worth the money?
Thanks,
Pete

I think in general Bose stuff is over priced and not the best. So don't buy them unless you hear a definitive "Yes" from someone who is knowledgeable.

Last edited:
Excellent, linear, in-ear headphones (IEM) can be had for around 30 bucks. They isolate most all outside noise so no need for active cancellation.

These have a bit bothersome and microphonic ribbon connecting cables and are somewhat large and clunky, but,they are otherwise 95% of the way to absolute HIFI nirvana.

You can find them time to time on AMAZON. Get the So. Korean units only.

http://en.goldenears.net/15834

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite

You can find them time to time on AMAZON. Get the So. Korean units only.

Is Amazon the only place that carries them occasionally? I can't find them for sale anywhere.

I have a set of in-ear Klipsch that were less than $100 but sound very nice and keep noise out really well.

Bose QC20/i variants use an active noise reduction technology in both ear buds that dramatically reduce ambient noise. I have used a pair for 12 months now and fly 150K air miles per year. In long flights the comfort exceeds anything I've ever used and I've tried many brands, the built in rechargeable battery gives me 20+ hours on active noise reduction. Most importantly the music reproduction is accurate and will put a BIG smile on your face. Now that I've used them for a year, I recommend them to everyone and couldn't imagine living without them. Worth every dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back