Coffee - Your Current Brew

Turk, I have not. I will get a bag and try. Thanks.
Aa1986, I looked it up, interesting. As soon as I find a spot to store I will get one to try.
Hotwheels, HTSS_TR, Segafredo is another good Italian coffee brand. Of course home made coffee does not come close to their coffee you drink at their cafes. Maybe thinned liquid coffee.
Quattro_Pete, I do not remember it being too strong but Helmut Sachers Vienna blend has great aroma-flavor. I will order one next.

Office: Caffe' Mauro Concerto (whole bean)

On deck: Caffe' Saquella Bar Italia (whole bean)

I prefer dark roast beans for espresso. Illy and Lavazza are weak in my opinion.

Anyone tried Saquella before? This will be my first time.

Last edited:
Having some Celinga Ethiopia. It's exceptionally good.

4tvjmu.jpg

Originally Posted By: GSCJR
Office: Caffe' Mauro Concerto (whole bean)

On deck: Caffe' Saquella Bar Italia (whole bean)

I prefer dark roast beans for espresso. Illy and Lavazza are weak in my opinion.

Anyone tried Saquella before? This will be my first time.

Office: Found a bag of Ara Azzurro in my cold cellar (whole bean).

Saquella is on hold til the next time.

Originally Posted By: kozanoglu
Originally Posted By: john_pifer

Looks like a Hario. I have their burr grinder to use with a Melitta plastic dripper.

How does Ethiopian grown Arabica taste compared to say Colombian?

Just now seeing your question.

It's hard to answer that, because I've not had a Colombian roasted by this company. Bongo Java is one of the better-known local Indy roasters around here. Here in Nashville, it's currently in-vogue to roast coffee very lightly. When done right, it results in a bright, citrusy coffee. When bungled, it just tastes acidic.

Anyway, i don't recall having any Colombian that was roasted as lightly as that Ethiopia.

Some of the experts here could probably answer that question for you.

Incidentally, I like both dark roast and light-roasted coffees (medium too, lol).

This might be the best value I've ever had in a coffee:

I'd classify the flavor as very good. Beans were fresh. Not roasted as lightly as some other coffees I've had that were labeled "light roast." That is not a particularly bad thing; often times, in an attempt to produce a "light roast coffee," a roaster will screw it up and the product will be acidic and harsh. Not so here. This is just a good, solid, every-day drinkable coffee.

$3.99/12-oz bag @ Aldi.

^

Ahhhhh..... Someone else here got around to trying ALDI's Light Roast.
banana2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Stuff's awesome. Even better than "high-end" beans 3X as much!!

Guys, ya gotta try this from ALDI.....
thumbsup2.gif

I had a huge bowl of latte ($5.75) with half a Danish ($3.25) and half a piece of pie ($3.75) in my favorite café La Boulange de Sunset on Irving Street this morning. No idea what coffee they use, but it's very good.

hotwheels

I'd classify the flavor as very good. Beans were fresh. Not roasted as lightly as some other coffees I've had that were labeled "light roast." That is not a particularly bad thing; often times, in an attempt to produce a "light roast coffee," a roaster will screw it up and the product will be acidic and harsh. Not so here. This is just a good, solid, every-day drinkable coffee.

$3.99/12-oz bag @ Aldi.

Just got this one after reading your post. I tried their blue/green fair trade version, but had not seen red package beans yet.

Hotwheels, that is one big cup of coffee. I am sure it is better than Starbucks. Price is good for that size.
laugh.gif

Hotwheels, that is one big cup of coffee. I am sure it is better than Starbucks. Price is good for that size.
laugh.gif

Starbucks actually bought La Boulange years ago, because Starbucks wanted a slice of the pastry business. Maybe La Boulange uses Starbucks coffee. The bowl holds probably 20 oz.

hotwheels

U
Originally Posted By: Turk
^

Ahhhhh..... Someone else here got around to trying ALDI's Light Roast.
banana2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Stuff's awesome. Even better than "high-end" beans 3X as much!!

Guys, ya gotta try this from ALDI.....
thumbsup2.gif

When I open the sealed container I keep the beans in, and the rich, fresh aroma hits my nose, I can't believe I only paid four dollars and some change for it!

$3.99/12-oz bag @ Aldi.

Just got this one after reading your post. I tried their blue/green fair trade version, but had not seen red package beans yet.

I would try their other varieties, but I prefer to buy in whole bean and grind myself immediately before brewing.

Always on hand at home is: Peet's Kenya Kiburi, and Cost Plus World Market's Tanzanian Peaberry. Both are whole bean.

I grind enough for two or three days at a time. I use a french press for delicious results.

Coffee time.

$3.99/12-oz bag @ Aldi.

I would try their other varieties, but I prefer to buy in whole bean and grind myself immediately before brewing.

I tried it and it is light, aromatic, not really acidic and it tastes really good for the price. The only issue is having to hand grind the beans each time... Worth it. Thanks.

$3.99/12-oz bag @ Aldi.

I'm up extra early because I gotta move around after my chest was sawed open. Not comfy to lay in bed long periods yet...

12.gif
Am drinking this right now and thinkin' we might just have found our excellent value, "everyday go to" coffee right here.

Kinda like the PYB of coffee.
13.gif

$3.99/12-oz bag @ Aldi.

I'm up extra early because I gotta move around after my chest was sawed open. Not comfy to lay in bed long periods yet...

12.gif
Am drinking this right now and thinkin' we might just have found our excellent value, "everyday go to" coffee right here.

13.gif

I like it!

Hope you get to feeling better soon!

12.gif

13.gif

We don't have Aldi In So Cal, Barissimo is only available at Aldi so there is not possible to experience it.

Hop you get well soon
12.gif

Back