Most miles or years you ever put on a vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
16 years on my 1990 Cutlass Ciera, V6, auto with 220K on it. Really a good car, got about 30 mpg on the highway with that killer 4 speed overdrive transmission. Never dropped the pan and only 3-4K OCI with whatever Jiffy lube had on sale at any particular time.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
1987 Monte Carlo LS with a 305 V8. It had 144,000 miles on it when my sister bought it in 1991. The guy who had it was a salesman, and he bought all of his cars on a 4 year note, and then sold them as soon as he paid the car off.

Sis drove it to 212,000 and then I bought it from her for $800. I drove it to 252,000 miles, and sold it for $800.
smile.gif
I put the S-10 wheels on it(that happened to have a like new set of tires on them), to get rid of the awful wire wheel hubcaps.

I saw it around town for about a year and a half after I sold it, and then it disappeared. I'm guessing the frame finally gave out and it had to be junked. I would have loved to had the engine back out of it before it was scrapped.

From the time that Sis bought it at 144,000 miles, up to 252,000 miles, it had nothing but Pennzoil conventional 10w-30, changed every 4,000-5,000 miles.

monte_87LS_1.jpg

Those S-10 wheels look good on that car. I had an '88 S-10 (bought it new) with those same wheels on it. That was overall the best vehicle I ever owned. It was a base model but had the solid "Iron Duke" 2.5 four cylinder in it.

I ordered my 1995 318ti Club Sport in August 1995 and took delivery in November 1995. It has 140k on it and has served as my primary track rat since 1996. It hasn't needed much in the way of repairs. I replaced the timing chain tensioner with an uprated unit(less than $100 and 30 minutes) as a precaution. It's needed a couple of serpentine belt idler pulleys, a thermostat, a brake light switch, and a heater hose fitting. I also replaced the lower control arm bushings which were likely worn due to track use. Other than brakes and tires and scheduled maintenance that's about all I've done.

I'm never selling it.

Originally Posted By: MCompact
I ordered my 1995 318ti Club Sport in August 1995 and took delivery in November 1995. It has 140k on it and has served as my primary track rat since 1996. It hasn't needed much in the way of repairs. I replaced the timing chain tensioner with an uprated unit(less than $100 and 30 minutes) as a precaution. It's needed a couple of serpentine belt idler pulleys, a thermostat, a brake light switch, and a heater hose fitting. I also replaced the lower control arm bushings which were likely worn due to track use. Other than brakes and tires and scheduled maintenance that's about all I've done.

I'm never selling it.

I loved that car when it came out. I still remember the (I think) '95 C&D article where it battled the mk3 2.0 Golf Gti. I ended up getting the Golf because of cost but always was looking for a 318 Ti, especially with the M3 skirt kit.

Disclaimer:

I know the Golf 2.0 crossflow 8v was no real GTi. Lol. But I still, to this day, love that old lump of an engine.

Last edited:
I've been tempted by the GTI as well; I think the comparison test you referred to was in Road & Track. The ti has minor cult status among many BMW fans. It's kind of the last 2002- after the ti there were no more four cylinder BMW 2 door four seat coupes with the semi trailing arm rear suspension.

My 1987 740 Turbo wagon 370K I traded in back in July 2009 when cash for clunkers was going on.

Feds gave me $4,500 and the state gave me $500 for buying a Prius.

$5,000 for an 23 year old Volvo wagon with 370K miles. Did I have to think about it, [censored] no.

My 1997 960 only has 117K miles on the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back