Donating $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing on a regular basis...
in the past i have donated to my Local HS band boosters, Sea Shepherd, Heifer International,

if you want to Consider the Democratic national Committee a Charity, i might throw them $10 once or twice a year.

and I set up my Amazon Account with their Amazon Smile Program, so a percentage of each amazon purchase i make (like 1 or 2 percent) Goes to Meals 'til Monday. a local Charity whose Mission statement sums it up better than i could:

"Meals ‘til Monday is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides nutritional kid-friendly weekend meals for local elementary children whose primary source of food is the school cafeteria.

Staffed by volunteers and funded by donations, Meals 'til Monday packs sacks of food on Mondays to be delivered and distributed to students on Fridays."

They Literally hand kids a backpack full of food on Friday so they can eat over the weekend.
http://mealstilmonday.org/

Remote Air Medical...RAM for short. I don't know how to post a link but if someone could I would appreciate it. I started giving to RAM after seeing a special on TV. They do some very good work.

My donations are through Military associations that I am affiliated with. I have been with them for 48 years and know the work they do.

Where ever you donate PLEASE first look and see how much actually goes to the cause! I wont name names but there are hundreds of charities out there that do nothing more than enrich the owners of the charity.

My time and $ to Habitat for Humanity, Wounded Warrior Project, Snowball Express, also $ to crowd funding site to specific deserving individuals. And on rare occasions $ to a deserving political cause or candidate.

Last edited:
Its hard to give because as stated you just don't know if its really going to the cause.

I try to give a little something to the salvation army every year and at my church.

I give money to a local charity I know well and volunteer with, the River City Youth Foundation, which works with economically disadvantaged children in one of the lowest income neighborhoods in Austin.

Almost all the money they take in goes directly to programs, with the exception of the executive director's salary, which I can tell you is miniscule for the amount of work she puts into it. It's not unusual for her to be sending emails about grant applications and such at 2am and then to be back at her desk in the office first thing in the morning.

http://www.rivercityyouth.org

look at www.charitynavigator.com
it tells you how much the CEO makes. what percentage of the funds go to the actual cause. how much their operating expenses per year! how much money these charities have in assets!!

When I ditched cable, I started giving a portion of what I was spending on cable as a monthly contribution to my local PBS affiliate.

I also make it a point to donate any salvageable items or materials from home projects to Habitat.

Humane Society, local animal shelter, local city mission,cancer society,local cancer hospital/clinic, St Judes,and church

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back