New Windshield? Who to replace? Safelite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
I'm not familar with that particular moulding.

The labor time to replace it includes R&I the WS so it is intended to be urethaned in with the WS.

You probably cannot put a new one in without cutting out all of the old adhesive which is not always done.

It would be best to discuss it with the glass company/tech - provided it is returnable couldn't hurt to have one on hand in case...

Thank you!

I had a "local", well California-based chain replace my windshield years ago with a PPG. I chose them instead of Safelite.

I had a local guy do 2 cars for me. The first time, when I claimed it with Geico, they kept pushing Safelite, though the local guy was cheaper. Then Geico raised my rates even though they have to cover the windshield, and gave me some baloney excuse. The next time I just paid the same guy out of pocket and didnt claim it with Geico. It was about half of the quote on safelite.com. Both times PGW glass. Im happy with PGW.

Safelite sells windshield that remind me of looking thru funny glass at the carnival. We had three replaced in a row that all were distorted somewhere.

They all said Made in Mexico and I think the workers were wasted on tequila or something who made them all. Horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back