Turtle wax ice interior spray

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use it in my Elantra. It is good stuff. The only real negative to it is that it has a strong smell. Other than that, I think it's one of the better ones on the market.

Originally Posted By: qdeezie
I use it in my Elantra. It is good stuff. The only real negative to it is that it has a strong smell. Other than that, I think it's one of the better ones on the market.

Good or nasty smell?

Originally Posted By: Donald
Good or nasty smell?

I won't classify it as a good smell, but it's not awful either. It has a very strong cleaner type smell to it. Almost like a commercial grade cleaner type scent.

Or like a tire spray type smell.

Originally Posted By: qdeezie
Originally Posted By: Donald
Good or nasty smell?

I won't classify it as a good smell, but it's not awful either. It has a very strong cleaner type smell to it. Almost like a commercial grade cleaner type scent.

Or like a tire spray type smell.

Yeah, I used it in the past and never minded it. The smell is hard to describe. It isn't offensive but it is strong. I use Meguiars quick interior and that has a nice light scent and does the same thing as the TW Ice

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Yeah, I used it in the past and never minded it. The smell is hard to describe. It isn't offensive but it is strong. I use Meguiars quick interior and that has a nice light scent and does the same thing as the TW Ice

I'll have to look into Meguiar's and give it a try.

I like the TW because it doesn't have the high gloss to it. The amount of gloss is just right. Not too shiny and not too matte. I also like the TW because you can clean cloth surfaces and carpet with it as well, although I do use a dedicated cleaner for cloth surfaces and headliners (Griots Garage Interior Cleaner).

Originally Posted By: dslofti
Has anyone used the ice spray wax or the wash?

I've used the car wash soap and the paste version of the wax. Black Magic Wet Shine car wash does a better job on my red VW GTI. I've only used Black Magic on my wife's black Audi and I imagine the Turtle Wax wouldn't make it look quite as good.

Is this an interior CLEANER or PROTECTANT? For OTC interior protectants I use Meguiars Natural Shine, it works great. It cleans up your plastics and other "hard" interior surfaces (though mine are never dirty) and leaves a not too glossy shine behind. Im not knocking Turtle Wax, they are now my go-to wax. I love there Liquid Wax, leaves a wonderful glossy finish behind and is SUPER easy to apply and remove.

Originally Posted By: dslofti
How does it compare to meguiars ultimate spray wax?

They dont compare at all, they are two different products. One is for the interior and the other is for the exterior. Meguiars Ultimate Spray wax however is very hard to beat as far as shine / beading / and longevity capabilities from an OTC spray wax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back