2016 Honda Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol

"The all-new design of the 2016 Pilot sports a modern, sleek, yet commanding and muscular form"

lol

Last edited:
It is the a generation, so it aptly looks like the child of the old Pilot and Odyssey.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
lol

"The all-new design of the 2016 Pilot sports a modern, sleek, yet commanding and muscular form"

lol

It looks like a Traverse, especially behind the c pillar....or a minivan.

I think the current Pilot is a lot more muscular looking!

I really don't care too much for it's look. Even if these are uni body vehicles, I want something that looks a little more muscular.

Not crazy about the color of that one...but to me it's a significant improvement over the previous model that has that squashed appearance.

Interior looks very nice and has Honda's famous versatile seating abilities.

If I was in the market for a new SUV...I'd very much take a test drive in one. Especially if it would be as fantastic and flawless as my Ridgeline has been.

Good job so far Honda. Conservative styling and not gaudy looking.

Last edited:
Honda really needs to do something about it's styling. That thing looks like an oversize cr-v to me.

Originally Posted By: 29662
Honda really needs to do something about it's styling. That thing looks like an oversize cr-v to me.

Then it should sell very well.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Not crazy about the color of that one...but to me it's a significant improvement over the previous model that has that squashed appearance.

If I was in the market for a new SUV...I'd very much take a test drive in one. Especially if it would be as fantastic and flawless as my Ridgeline has been.

Agree.

The previous model styling is a real turn off, especially the rear is so ugly, it is one of the most ugly looking mid-size SUV on market.

That is the recipe: Make it look bland - it'll sell in droves.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

Agree.

The previous model styling is a real turn off, especially the rear is so ugly, it is one of the most ugly looking mid-size SUV on market.

You got that one right! When Honda came out with it my first thought was that it won't be around long for a Honda.

The messed up on it for sure...but this new one should remedy all. I'm glad they didn't go for the tacky "muscular" look as well. Leave that up to Dodge (did you see the new RAM thread?)

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

One persons bland is another person beauty my friend.

I don't think it's too bland though. Honda has done extremely well with it's conservative styling (for most of it's vehicles) the past couple of decades. Some call it bland....some don't.

Last edited:

I don't think it's too bland though. Honda has done extremely well with it's conservative styling (for most of it's vehicles) the past couple of decades. Some call it bland....some don't.

I have to agree, it's growing on me. I'm starting to like it. I need to see it in person, and in some different colors. Especially a dark/black interior.

Kind of ugly, especially the interior. Although the push button gear selector looks neat.

It will do well "because it's a Honda" although I'd never trust a 6 or 9 speed from Honda. They did so well with their new 5 speed, only took them like 6 years to fix that one.

Certainly. My point was, the less controversial you make it look, the more likely it is to appeal to large population.

Actually, I like it better than the previous generation, and it might look even better in person. I like the idea of 3 rows of seats. How does it compare to an Odyssey in terms of interior and cargo space? If I needed extra seating space, I'd much rather drive this Pilot than Odyssey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back