trires for my pickup from Discount Tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking at the Presidents Day sale tires for my pickup. 245-75/16. Its 2WD with a Cummins diesel. I do not use it too much in the winter but I would like some decent traction in the snow when I need to use it.

Cooper Discoverer H/T
GT Radial Adventero AT3
Falken Wild Peak A/T2
Hancock Dynapro ATM RF10
Cooper Discoverer ATP
others?

For the most part trying to pick tires that are low prices and give $75 rebate.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Go someplace else and buy Firestone Destination II's.

+1

Nothing inspiring in your list. Especially stay far away from the GT Radials--Absolute Garbage.

Discount Tire can order lots of tires that they don't have on their website. I'm getting General Altimax RT43's for the Presidents Day Sale (They don't have Generals on that website) but the guy had it on his computer right then and there. Go into the store and see if they have what you want.

The Cooper Discoverer H/Ts are decent. What is the price of the Cooper Discoverer AT3? Those are awesome tires, and you could probably go pretty far in 2wd with those. My dad just bought a set for his Grand Cherokee. No problems pulling a loaded trailer through a foot of snow.

Last edited:
Make sure to get truck tires - not P rated tires.

Some here advocate running P rated tires on 3/4 and 1 ton trucks ... but it's not safe. Especially if you tow.

The AT/3 or even Starfire copy should be decent in the snow.

Originally Posted By: Donald
I was leaning towards Cooper Discoverer H/T

It's probably the best one on your list. I don't care for Cooper much because it seems they won't spend a dime on R&D if they think they don't have to. They always seem to be 15-20 years behind the big five in technology. Their liners are considerably thinner than the competition. I've noticed Cooper-made tires run on the small side usually. [There is a tolerance of +/- of let's say 5 mm, so a 245/75R16 made by Cooper might actually measure 241/75R16 while let's say a Goodyear might actually measure 249/75R16.

Have you considered General tires? They are well thought of for economical tires.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
The Cooper Discoverer H/Ts are decent. What is the price of the Cooper Discoverer AT3? Those are awesome tires, and you could probably go pretty far in 2wd with those. My dad just bought a set for his Grand Cherokee. No problems pulling a loaded trailer through a foot of snow.

After rebate, $100/tire, no tax, no shipping + install.

I'd get the cooper discoverer HT out of those

hard to beat 137*4 -150mir= 400$(+tax if applicable)

The HT's have lots of siping and decent tread pattern for a Highway type tire.

The AT/3 are hundreds more.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Make sure to get truck tires - not P rated tires.

Some here advocate running P rated tires on 3/4 and 1 ton trucks ... but it's not safe. Especially if you tow.

The AT/3 or even Starfire copy should be decent in the snow.

"P" rated tires on pickups are perfectly safe as long as they fall in to the proper weight rating. But you have to be certain on the heavier trucks that the weight ratings are correct.

I've been happy with the Cooper Discoverer ATP on my F150. I run snow tires in the winter though, so no help if that is your only criteria.

Originally Posted By: Stewart Fan
The ATM RF10s are excellent tires.

I had a set on my 2500HD.

X2!

Have them on my 05 CTD and a 1500. Great traction, very quiet, very long lasting.

FYI, Every time I called in to order from DTD I was able to negotiate an additional 5% off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Shark
FYI, Every time I called in to order from DTD I was able to negotiate an additional 5% off.

Even on these "big" rebate sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back