Pentosin A1, A2, A3, A4, NS, SF, & E/++ available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these new, new to the US market, or always been kicking around? I'm interested in the Toyota Pink stuff (A4) and the Honda Blue stuff (A3) as alternatives to buying at the dealer. Has anyone been using it?

http://knowhow.napaonline.com/choose-the-correct-antifreeze-for-your-import-vehicle

Looks like a pretty complete lineup. Funny thing the announcement from NAPA also came with an advertisement for this pre-mix Green Stuff, which is totally "Universal"!

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Catalo...HERO_ANTIFREEZE

A quick search of the NAPA site reveals only SF, NF, and ++ available, and ++ is supposed to be obsoleted by "E".... weird.

Wow that is quite a amazing move by NAPA of all places, it seems like they are trying to fill a market niche which I believe most other parts place ignore, I wish they would do the same with
BASF Glysantin products, they are just about impossible to find in the USA even though they are a leader in antifreeze and coolants around the rest of the world.

I've been running the Pentosin A1 (Toyota Red) in my '98 Toyota Sienna for about 3 years now with no issues. I was able to pick up the Pentosin at my local O'Reilly. They keep it behind the counter and you have to ask for it.

Pentosin is a name I would trust to get Honda and Toyota coolants correct... too bad the NAPA web site doesn't bring up these types.

Originally Posted By: HangFire
Pentosin is a name I would trust to get Honda and Toyota coolants correct... too bad the NAPA web site doesn't bring up these types.

I wonder if they can order them for you?

My guess is they do have the product in warehouses but they only ship when someone orders it.

Bought a gallon of Pentofrost A2 at NAPA for $23. This is concentrate so with a gallon of $1 distilled water it's $12 gallon. NAPA has or can get all types of Pentosin but check carefully, some are premixed like the A3, some are straight.

Good stuff and much less $$ than dealer.

Thanks to the OP for the link.

It does.

Originally Posted By: user52165

It does.

It seems to be area specific. Depending on where you are the NAPA site will include or omit certain items, I would guess depending on regional warehouse stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back