Great auto repair youtube channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Miller88

Scannerdanner is also good!

I agree. This guy Eric O I posted above doesn't mess around; he does it all. he recently did a vid about how modern EGR valves work and went through the process of using a scope to diagnose it to see if the ECU can read what the EGR is doing. great stuff. (if you're a dork like me and into that stuff...)

Thank you Drew99GT! Looks good. ETCG is good, but I do see ways where the channel/videos are going more commercial. IMO, I preferred the one man band with the many cameras on different spots. Not a huge fan of a camera guy moving the camera around.

Originally Posted By: redhat
He's in NY or has a NY vehicle for the RAV4 head gasket.

I didn't watch the video.

Rust?

Probably saw the reg/inspection stickers in the windscreen.

Originally Posted By: Joe_Power
Scotty is 100x better.

Scotty Kilmer?

I'm subscribed to him. I find him more entertainment that facts or how to diagnose.

Originally Posted By: redhat
He's in NY or has a NY vehicle for the RAV4 head gasket.

I didn't watch the video.

Rust?

Nope, but good guess, lol. Reg/ins stickers.

Scotty is 100x better.

Scotty doesn't even show you how to fix something. He sucks [censored]. He's a blowhard. Does he even run a shop??? His videos are 3 minute hack jobs that don't' show you the intricacies of how to fix a complex automotive problem where as ETCG or the south main auto guy's videos in total are sometimes over an hour, with step by step how to.

Last edited:
I looked the place up, they're a couple of hours from me. In between Dansville and Bath NY near the 86/390 junction.

I like Kent Bergsma's Mercedessource.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Mercedessource

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Scotty is 100x better.

Scotty doesn't even show you how to fix something. He sucks [censored]. He's a blowhard. Does he even run a shop??? His videos are 3 minute hack jobs that don't' show you the intricacies of how to fix a complex automotive problem where as ETCG or the south main auto guy's videos in total are sometimes over an hour, with step by step how to.

I like Scotty Kilmer. Yes, it's not super detailed, but it gives you a general idea on how to do a job. Sometimes watching someone remove every single bolt is very boring, unless you own that same car and are planning that exact same repair.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Scotty is 100x better.

There are a few things I disagree with on his channel too. 3000 mile oil changes ...

But he's right about BMW and Merdeces!

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
lol ETCG sold out?

his focus is now all over the place and has waned from auto repair. he is milking his past videos which are excellent but frankly there are others quickly surpassing him in technical videos. now he is building up a car, which is interesting but will be terrible for his future youtube revenue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back