Hood Lift support for 04 explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last Saturday while adding washer fluid and checking oil I placed the trouble light in it's usual spot and watched as the hood came down rather quickly. So I figure I need some new supports. I have never bought this particular part so I'm kind of in the dark on buying this simple item. I've checked out the dealer and local parts stores along with amazon for pricing and brands they carry. But is there any particular brand that you would go with or stay away from. Most of the reviews are along the lines of it was easy to install, I just installed it but not sure of long term durability. Thanks in advance.

O'Reillys sells Sachs, which is oem to some of the manufacturers if I'm not mistaken. Got one for a broken one on my Buick trunk it looked identical.

I am going to replace the rear lift supports in my wife's Lexus(in my signature). I am unsure as well, as to which supports to buy/use.

What I have found for our application is:
"Strong Arm" Lift Supports. But, still unsure myself!

Thought i would just get back to what I finally decided on for the hood lift supports. 901 Memphis mentioned that Sachs is OEM to a lot of car manufacturers so I went with them. Plus made in the USA. Best price was Rock auto. Ordered late last Thursday and got them on Monday. Installed with no problems and they looked identical to the originals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back