P0304 CYLINDER 4 MISFIRE IN THE EXPEDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Yes, and you can damage the engine.

But I assume, based on this, you've been driving it around with a baffed coil since the last time you posted.

It will also destroy a cat, assuming it matters.

Oh, so THAT's what that smell is.

I might spray BPC in a drilled hole, pre-cat. Maybe.

But I assume, based on this, you've been driving it around with a baffed coil since the last time you posted.

Sounds like it doesn't matter unfortunately.

Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne

Oh, so THAT's what that smell is.

I might spray BPC in a drilled hole, pre-cat. Maybe.

Don't spray a bloody thing in the cat, leave it alone and get it friggin fixed! You are going to "fix" this thing to death like you did with the other vehicles.

Sell the bloody Blazer, sell the bloody Civic, and then use the money to fix the Expedition. At least it has a chance of running properly and isn't a jerry rigged nightmare like that Blazer is.

That COP in Motorcraft brand is 43$+shipping at rockauto, AAP has an accel brand one for 30$ after coupon code.

Just reading your posts I get flashbacks to random people in my life who never "get it" and keep destroying their vehicles or lives with bad decisions.

PS Drilling the exhaust and spraying brake cleaner into it is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.. at least in the last few weeks.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand
That COP in Motorcraft brand is 43$+shipping at rockauto, AAP has an accel brand one for 30$ after coupon code.

Just reading your posts I get flashbacks to random people in my life who never "get it" and keep destroying their vehicles or lives with bad decisions.

PS Drilling the exhaust and spraying brake cleaner into it is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.. at least in the last few weeks.

I wasn't gonna drill. I just said that. I don't even OWN a drill.

So.. Q: having the guy do the one coil... the plugs are "ook?" They are probably overdue to be changed. And would this accelerate my oil change schedule? I am coming up on 5000 miles and I was going to change it, since it is my first confirmed OCI in it..

They plugs are probably fine for the time being. You do not have the money to have the plugs done. Just get the coil changed.

They plugs are probably fine for the time being. You do not have the money to have the plugs done. Just get the coil changed.

Ok!

Thank you, OVERKILL!
thumbsup2.gif

Update: Plan is still to get the coil changed the DAY I get paid. I have been working without pay for almost 1 full month. Yes, the company is aware.

Sell the bloody Blazer, sell the bloody Civic, and then use the money to fix the Expedition. At least it has a chance of running properly and isn't a jerry rigged nightmare like that Blazer is.

He can't sell them-they have too much sentimental value. Don't you know that sentimental value always trumps common sense?

I have been working without pay for almost 1 full month. Yes, the company is aware.

That's just not right.
Are you working with your manager to correct the issue, or one of the members of the HR team?

BC.

That $115 plus part I mentioned will be in effect the DAY I get the Direct Deposit.

Are you including labor in that price? A coil for that Expedition should be like $50 at any auto parts store.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
I have been working without pay for almost 1 full month. Yes, the company is aware.

That's just not right.
Are you working with your manager to correct the issue, or one of the members of the HR team?

BC.

They forgot to tell him it's a voluntary position.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

He can't sell them-they have too much sentimental value. Don't you know that sentimental value always trumps common sense?

No..He's gotta paint the wheels first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back