Can't decide on which tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KitaCam
I've decided on the CS5 V-speed Ultra Touring...Coopers get the rebate treatment March 1 making it $110 or so m/b/tx OTT.

cool,I called one dealer and he did not know about the 45 day trial period.
They are tempting!

Originally Posted By: KitaCam
Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1
who has the rebate? Did not see it on Coopers site.

Cooper customer service told me they start MARCH 1.

Thanks!! Hmmmm, do I wait???
One thing I noticed on Michelin's site is that one I put in the Camrys info all I get is the the Premier as a choice.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Michelin often runs a $70.00 rebate. BJ's has it right now, don't appear to be any in your state, which probably means another retailer has it near you.

Also Michelin's promise plan give a 30 day satisfaction period.

http://www.michelinman.com/automotive-tires/warranty.page

Found Costco has the rebate just dont have a membership. Might have to get one.

Looked at the primewells, DOT code 5WUP 00A.
If I read it right: 5W CHINA GITI TIRE (FUJIAN) COMPANY, LTD.
What do the other numbers mean if anything.

Michelin often runs a $70.00 rebate. BJ's has it right now, don't appear to be any in your state, which probably means another retailer has it near you.

Initially I joined Costco just because of tires. They carry ONLy Bridgestone and Michelin/BF Goodrich. Reason is that if you order tire on Costco online, they will deliver directly from factory fresh tire. I never purchased tire in Costco through online system that was older than three weeks.

Originally Posted By: edyvw

Initially I joined Costco just because of tires. They carry ONLy Bridgestone and Michelin/BF Goodrich. Reason is that if you order tire on Costco online, they will deliver directly from factory fresh tire. I never purchased tire in Costco through online system that was older than three weeks.

Interesting. Sounds like a plan.
I found this on the Premier.
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/...wears/index.htm

Interesting. Sounds like a plan.
I found this on the Premier.
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/...wears/index.htm

I have Michelin Pilot Super Sport for summer driving, and now they are at 5/32. I am still wondering how they managed to not only hold grip on wet, but still have very good hydroplaning resistance.

I have Michelin Pilot Super Sport for summer driving, and now they are at 5/32. I am still wondering how they managed to not only hold grip on wet, but still have very good hydroplaning resistance.

I have el-cheapo Kumho 4X all-season on my S2000 and E430, they were very good on wet surface even when tread depth was around 4/32" or may be 3/32".

I was ably to get the S2000 go steady at speed up to 75-80 MPH on fairly heavy rain on highway with some standing water.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

I have el-cheapo Kumho 4X all-season on my S2000 and E430, they were very good on wet surface even when tread depth was around 4/32" or may be 3/32".

I was ably to get the S2000 go steady at speed up to 75-80 MPH on fairly heavy rain on highway with some standing water.

I said that after owning Kumho Ecsta (that came with the car that I purchased), only way to buy Kumho again is for someone to put a gun to my head!

Last edited:
Sooo, By happen stance I checked a local Toyota dealerships website. They have a special of buy 3 get 1 for a dollar.
So a set of Continental Pure Contacts OTD is $585.
Cost has the Premier OTD price of around $610.
HMMMMMMMMM.......

Sooo, By happen stance I checked a local Toyota dealerships website. They have a special of buy 3 get 1 for a dollar.
HMMMMMMMMM.......

Get the Premiers. The Tirerack test showed very similar performance between the Premiers and the Purecontacts, but the Premiers had the advantage in ride quality - and I can attest to the great ride qualify with the premiers.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
HMMMMMMMMM.......

Get the Premiers. The Tirerack test showed very similar performance between the Premiers and the Purecontacts, but the Premiers had the advantage in ride quality - and I can attest to the great ride qualify with the premiers.

Thanks. My gut says Premier. Shopping for tires is SOOO much fun. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back