What Does Everyone Think Of A Pure One Air Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does everyone think of the pureone air filters Are they better than stock ford air filters and are others like say fram any better?

I dont know much about Purolator air filters. I do know that Fram makes great air filters, even the Extra Guards.

I judge air filters by efficiency/percentage, and how well the outer rubber seal fits the airbox.

What are these factors like in your application?

I believe they are too restrictive right out of the box.

I used to be all Purolator all the time, but am on a (formerly hated) Fram binge. The Fram air filter i put in my truck fit tight and had a very thick gasket.

The Fram filters I've been using put up decent resistance to snapping the air box back into place, the gasket is so thick. Doesn't make it harder to install, but you can tell it's a good thick gasket.

haven't noticed any power issues using the TG oiled filters, either.

i always liked fram air filters they just looked like they were made well although i could not tell how well the air flowed through them i still like them

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
They seemed good on paper, but didn't work too well or turn in a good UOA on my Taurus.

Do you have links to your uoas? I'm currently experiencing high silicon in my uoas with a PureOne air filter and Blackstone suspects an intake leak, just curious as to how high your SI is in the report I believe mine is 50+ ppm

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
They seemed good on paper, but didn't work too well or turn in a good UOA on my Taurus.

Do you have links to your uoas? I'm currently experiencing high silicon in my uoas with a PureOne air filter and Blackstone suspects an intake leak, just curious as to how high your SI is in the report I believe mine is 50+ ppm

On one of my older cars(2000 GM 3.8L supercharged engine) I found my intake leak with a little starting fluid shot in little squirts till I found the leak. It was a small hose that had a crack on the underside that I could not see. Give it a try, but just a little at a time.

ROD

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

analysis_zps12137520.gif

I've checked for vacuum leaks, and multiple manifold seals and o rings have been replaced, and my air intake is all in order.
It just didn't seal well in my air box, one area where the OEM MC and Fram does it better.

Pureone is a great air filter. Thick rubber gasket for a tight seal and light oil coating seems to filter very well. Especially in my sandy environment.

i think pureone is a great air filter it seems to keep my oil in my moms mercury grand marquis looking new but it is a little restrictive i can feel the power loss at full throttle mid range. But for my mom that puts around under 70 mph its ok. I have to change it soon anyway i will post something to know what others like also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back