how many can say my car collided with a plane

Status
Not open for further replies.
i suspect not many (try to explain it to insurance):

web-taiwan-crash-2-tbs.jpg

Couple of millisecs faster and that car driver would have not been able to say anything ever again.

Clearly the people in this car were so lucky to be alive after collision with an air plane. Also, not all people on board the air plane was killed.

He has video to say it "came out of no were " . Very lucky they were for sure .

News said it was a taxi and neither driver or their paying passenger were injured!
Great story for them to tell for sure. VW builds a tough taxi!
DD

This is just learned conjecture on my part after watching the video in slow mo but I think
if the wing actually struck the car the energy would have spun it a top... I think a portion
of the wing broke off and slammed down upon the taxi...

Also just before the bridge there is a bright flash on the belly which could be power
lines??? and I can not explain what appears to be a piece missing from the left end of the
horizontal stab???

Last edited:
At first look it appeared the left wing stalled. Watched again it might have been banked intentionally to avoid hitting the light post ....but then no recovery?
They flew it all the way down.
Rest in Peace

According to the preliminary FDR report the crew received 5 stall
warnings after inadvertently shutting down their only good
engine... I think the bank was the stall and related spin...

Originally Posted By: BusyLittleShop
This is just learned conjecture on my part after watching the video in slow mo but I think
if the wing actually struck the car the energy would have spun it a top... I think a portion
of the wing broke off and slammed down upon the taxi...

Also just before the bridge there is a bright flash on the belly which could be power
lines??? and I can not explain what appears to be a piece missing from the left end of the
horizontal stab???

I think this still shot pulled from the video makes it pretty clear that the tip of the wing did in fact hit the taxi as the plane was going down.

maxresdefault.jpg

That left prop looks feathered to me...and the plane rolled into the feathered engine...smells like a classic loss of control...pilot error following engine failure...

Originally Posted By: Astro14
That left prop looks feathered to me...and the plane rolled into the feathered engine...smells like a classic loss of control...pilot error following engine failure...

No, they are reporting that the pilots accidentally turned off fuel to the running engine instead of the already-quit engine like they were supposed to. This kind of thing has happened before in twin engine aircraft, like a 737 a long time ago.

yes, both FDR and cockpit translations were released. while no one knows why the #2 autofeathered and went idle, it's clear the crew shot down #1 and turned fuel off, then they frantically tried to restart with fuel off. they realized the mistake and switched the fuel on and successfully restarted the #1 as the plane was already plunging in the river.

Originally Posted By: BusyLittleShop

Also just before the bridge there is a bright flash on the belly

It's an anti collision light.

Originally Posted By: cashmoney
Couple of millisecs faster and that car driver would have not been able to say anything ever again.
The cabbie hit the brakes about 1 second before the wing struck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back