Is using Pennzoil Platinum Patriotic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deciding on what to feed my new CRV and my 08 Ranger. I want the best bang for my buck, but would prefer staying with an American owned company. That being said, if PP is made from natural gas, then this should reduce our dependency on OPEC. Question is, is it American Natural gas? Even if not it still is a better alternative than crude form countries that basically hate us. In either case I picked up two 5 qt jugs for 25.00 ea on sale at K mart. We'll see......

Originally Posted By: Tmiller3063
Pennzoil is owned by Shell and Shell is a Dutch company.

I know this. The question is whether or not a natural gas base is keeping it more at home.

Originally Posted By: 1bioguy
Deciding on what to feed my new CRV and my 08 Ranger. I want the best bang for my buck, but would prefer staying with an American owned company. That being said, if PP is made from natural gas, then this should reduce our dependency on OPEC. Question is, is it American Natural gas? Even if not it still is a better alternative than crude form countries that basically hate us. In either case I picked up two 5 qt jugs for 25.00 ea on sale at K mart. We'll see......

You want to do a "patriotic" oil change using American natural gas for your Honda CRV and you bought a oil from a G2L refinery in Qatar. If it makes you feel any better the additives are likely from the US.

Speaking of natural gas; today I ate a giant burrito with refried beans for lunch. The beans gave me a lot of natural gas. I could have made barrels of Pennzoil Ultra with the gas coming out of me after lunch!!!!

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Originally Posted By: 1bioguy

You want to do a "patriotic" oil change using American natural gas for your Honda CRV and you bought a oil from a G2L refinery in Qatar. If it makes you feel any better the additives are likely from the US.

Thats what Im asking. Not everybody knows where who's refinery is where believe it or not. If you dont know where the natural gas comes from then just say so, or just say where it comes from. And BTW, nothing un patriotic about not supporting Labor Unions and buying a car that will actually outlast the warranty, a CRV.

Last edited:
Quote:

Or you can feel good knowing you are changing the oil yourself using Craftsman too................. Oh never mind

Originally Posted By: Kool1
Speaking of natural gas; today I ate a giant burrito with refried beans for lunch. The beans gave me a lot of natural gas. I could have made barrels of Pennzoil Ultra with the gas coming out of me after lunch!!!!

That's my next question. Im lactose intolerant......

Use it i think it is good oil i am using it now.. If it works good then buy it. If it is made in America thats a plus but seriously if its not and it is a better product but it.
Years back Toyota was built better than some American cars and everyone bought them because of that. Even the Chinese after the Japanese did all those terrible things to the Chinese still bought the Toyotas because they were that good in the eighties. Today they are still ok but not nearly as good as back in the eighties.
Its not like if something happens with an American product all us Americans are going to come over to your house and fix it. lol

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Use it i think it is good oil i am using it now.. If it works good then buy it. If it is made in America thats a plus but seriously if its not and it is a better product but it.
Years back Toyota was built better than some American cars and everyone bought them because of that. Even the Chinese after the Japanese did all those terrible things to the Chinese still bought the Toyotas because they were that good in the eighties. Today they are still ok but not nearly as good as back in the eighties.
Its not like if something happens with an American product all us Americans are going to come over to your house and fix it. lol
80's? It's generally known that the Gen 3 Camry, 92 to 96 is one of the best quality cars Toyota has made. It's behind the curve from a technology and design standpoint now but was overbuilt to recapture a reputation for quality some of their earlier stuff had lost for them.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Buy something made in the USA to offset it. Some New Balance athletic shoes are made in the USA.

Offset what? The CRV, or the $2 worth or base oil from QATAR?

1bioguy: Here you go!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_22/185-1797862-8458168?url=search-alias%3Dautomotive&field-keywords=penzoil+platinum+ultra&sprefix=penzoil+platinum+ultra%2Caps%2C317

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back