I still have the Blazer. Fun for all on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep! I still got it.

1993 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe LT, 4.3L V6 VIN W.

FB_IMG_1400880636937.jpg

Was just thinking to self.. Needs "the Spiders," and some sort of other things.

Just about everything on the outside of the engine is new. I may have to replace the radiator.. or just flush it really well. We will see. I also need to find that weird upper/lower radiator support and fan shroud setup it has.. Mine is missing it, and the results have been sub-par.

Keeping the interest and spirit alive... Any thoughts? (It's ok, I'm not going to be be buying another car until these get right. I have a sequence.)

- Joseph

Hello, I dig your joy.
A little more meat would be nice.
For example, what are "Spiders"?
Could you describe the radiator support issue with this car a little more fully?
How many miles on your 4.3L? Kira

Originally Posted By: Kira
Hello, I dig your joy.
Quote:

Thank you!
smile.gif

Quote:

A little more meat would be nice.

Always.

This vintage of the Chevrolet S-10 Blazer had the 4.3 engine. If this engine, there were two types of fuel injection: VIN "Z," and VIN "W." The VIN Z looked like a cooking pan on top o the engine, and apparently had TBI, or Throttle-Body Injection. And I had a 1991 Blazer like this. A very fine truck. I never did get the chance to know it. But it was a 1991, was in very good shape, bought at a decent price, and let me know that the VIN Z engine on a 1991 could still be powerful and fun. This truck is fun.

I, however, have a more powerful beast. I have the VIN W. This one has CPFI, or Central Port Fuel Injection. Apparently, it stupidly runs the fuel through one injector, then out to the other 6? It has things like "poppets" and all manner of dumb-ness. My truck has this.

And my engine is from a 1994.

Quote:

Could you describe the radiator support issue with this car a little more fully?

Apparently, these S-10 Blazers, with their 3/4 350 showed all up in there (good engine just crowded lol,) have a top and bottom radiator support, that encompasses the fan shroud, and takes a page out of Nissan by making plastic there. Directs airflow, has a breather hose, whatnot. My truck has been butchered and does not have.

Hilarity ensues.

Quote:

How many miles on your 4.3L? Kira

Like A Rock.
smile.gif

I did the OPSU on this myself when I was in Philly, timed it once (IT EVEN SPUN TIRES!) and may have very well blown it up. "Knocking noise" went away; I cleaned out the oil pan myself, and dumb mechanic bolted it back up on. I "somewhat" get why 4WD has a longer dipstick than 2WD.. Still can't get the level right. 4L60-E has a Rear Main Leak. Truck has sentimental value and is a Garage Queen right now.

So... I imagine completely rebuilt stuff, for "zero miles" on all that Bondo.

Or we get a grinding wheel...

Quote:

This vintage of the Chevrolet S-10 Blazer had the 4.3 engine. If this engine, there were two types of fuel injection: VIN "Z," and VIN "W." The VIN Z looked like a cooking pan on top o the engine, and apparently had TBI, or Throttle-Body Injection. And I had a 1991 Blazer like this. A very fine truck. I never did get the chance to know it. But it was a 1991, was in very good shape, bought at a decent price, and let me know that the VIN Z engine on a 1991 could still be powerful and fun. This truck is fun.

I, however, have a more powerful beast. I have the VIN W. This one has CPFI, or Central Port Fuel Injection. Apparently, it stupidly runs the fuel through one injector, then out to the other 6? It has things like "poppets" and all manner of dumb-ness. My truck has this.

And my engine is from a 1994.

Quote:

Apparently, these S-10 Blazers, with their 3/4 350 showed all up in there (good engine just crowded lol,) have a top and bottom radiator support, that encompasses the fan shroud, and takes a page out of Nissan by making plastic there. Directs airflow, has a breather hose, whatnot. My truck has been butchered and does not have.

Hilarity ensues.

"any thoughts"

well first off those tires look low. I would look into Nitrogen instead of oxygen. Nitrogen is synthetic and will help you spin the tires easier also.

Wipers look factory.. you should get the chrome ones from autozone to really set it off.

Looks like factory headlights, take them out and go HID.

Dont worry about the spider. Seafoam fixes that problem pretty fast. Just pour it in and it repairs as you drive.

Originally Posted By: krismoriah72

well first off those tires look low. I would look into Nitrogen instead of oxygen. Nitrogen is synthetic and will help you spin the tires easier also.

wut? That's a new one ....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Danno

Wow! 78% of the Earth's atmosphere is synthetic!

I didn't know SeaFoam could fix a leaking SCPI Spider

And now? Let's go to my PG-14 videodocumentation of what we have going on here.

*It has gotten worse since this sequence of documentation videos was shot by myself.

And:

smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Spazdog

since air is nearly 80% nitrogen, I always laughed at people trying to sell nitrogen to me, and others. I laugh harder at the ones that do buy it.
looks like another of 'prones magical threads.
'prone -- your truck looks good, and your grill is purty.
I don't understand some of the content in your posts, but I'm trying. it must be me.
anyway,keep doing your own thing, as you seem to be happy.a lot of people pay good money to get like that. have a good day, man.

Originally Posted By: yeti

since air is nearly 80% nitrogen, I always laughed at people trying to sell nitrogen to me, and others. I laugh harder at the ones that do buy it.
looks like another of 'prones magical threads.
'prone -- your truck looks good, and your grill is purty.
I don't understand some of the content in your posts, but I'm trying. it must be me.
anyway,keep doing your own thing, as you seem to be happy.a lot of people pay good money to get like that. have a good day, man.

yeti, I now like you.
smile.gif
Thanks!

As to the tires... they air up real nice, once I get a good compressor on them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pair of Blazers
in the one vid I could see all the rest say private.
you have an SES light get that checked.
your shifting problem could be a miss adjusted TV cable also your doing this on a cold engine from what I see in the vid they don't like to go into OD when cold.
have a look through here
http://s-seriesforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51910

I will make all the vids visible! My bad!

And.. nice screenname.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: yeti

You guys couldn't detect sarcasm even if it hit you in the face.

nut kit and FPR typical w/CPI engine. if you pull off the top of the intake plenum it will be washed and clean on one side. this is typical w/bad FPR. this causes gas smell in the exhaust, rough idle and poor gas mileage as well as the SES.
cold oil pressure 50-60 hot idle 20-40. I would put a good mechanical oil pressure gauge on there to see what pressure it really is. it does seem a bit low for those RPM's
I suggest you look at the s-series forum and the s10 forum for more info.
I have a TBI in mine.
also added a link to last post

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pair of Blazers
nut kit and FPR typical w/CPI engine. if you pull off the top of the intake plenum it will be washed and clean on one side. this is typical w/bad FPR. this causes gas smell in the exhaust, rough idle and poor gas mileage as well as the SES.
cold oil pressure 50-60 hot idle 20-40. I would put a good mechanical oil pressure gauge on there to see what pressure it really is. it does seem a bit low for those RPM's
I suggest you look at the s-series forum and the s10 forum for more info.
I have a TBI in mine.

I am 93bazer on s10forum or s10forums.com
The issue with those forums is the lack of travel through (not many people come and chime in and threads sit dead..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back