Nissan GT-R LM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CT8
Here ugly like a slot car. The Cheeta.

I actually HAD a slot car with that body on it in my youth!! LOL

*****, maybe, but I'd bet it had a d***ed great weight distribution for a 'front engined' car.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: CT8
Here ugly like a slot car. The Cheeta.

I actually HAD a slot car with that body on it in my youth!! LOL

*****, maybe, but I'd bet it had a d***ed great weight distribution for a 'front engined' car.
wink.gif

I also had a Cheetah bodied slot car when I was a kid. I think the Cheetah is good looking, but from what I've read, it was a poor-handling car. It was designed to be the smallest car possible that could contain a small-block Chevy, so it had a 90-inch wheelbase. And it was designed before anybody knew anything about downforce in a race car. That high nose caused a lot of front-end lift. So it was floaty at high speed, and wanted to spin when the driver bent it into a curve.

Those slot cars all look like a corvette from the 70s.
My uncle had a 74 vette. If you got too close to the draft of a tractor trailer the nose would lift enough to affect steering.

I think if we are going to go and call a racecar ugly, we need to save a special place for the Panoz LMP car

Panoz_LMP01.jpg

Although calling any racecar ugly would be like kicking a Playboy Playmate out of bed.

Last edited:
I'll bet that high HP engine uses 0W-20 conventional oil. UOA results show lowest wear with thin oils, regardless of the half inch long bearing slivers in the oil pan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back