New Air Force One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Donald
Aren't there actually 2 planes?

There are two VC-25s, which are the 747s that people think of as being "Air Force One". However, the "Air Force One" name applies to any Air Force aircraft with the President on board, and only while the President is on board.

There are also several C-32s, which are a version of the 757. These are most commonly used as "Air Force Two", meaning that the Vice President is on board, but not the President. These are also used to transport the First Lady, Secretary of State, and other VIPs.

VC-25s sometimes serve as Air Force Two, and C-32s sometimes serve as Air Force One.

One of the airport runways point at my house. Some of the airport electronics is in the corner of my pasture.

When President Obama came to Joplin the plane flew over my house.

It was really rolling coal, and at least twice as high as commercial aviation. At the corner by me was a black Suburban. There was some guy in a suit standing by it.

Wonder if I had been target shooting into my dirt pile if I would have had a visit.

Yes they probably would have said go do something else for a few hours.......
Originally Posted By: ragtoplvr
One of the airport runways point at my house. Some of the airport electronics is in the corner of my pasture.

When President Obama came to Joplin the plane flew over my house.

It was really rolling coal, and at least twice as high as commercial aviation. At the corner by me was a black Suburban. There was some guy in a suit standing by it.

Wonder if I had been target shooting into my dirt pile if I would have had a visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back