Welcome 2008 Acura TL to the fleet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was heavily considering buying a brand new car/suv to replace the 2006 Camry XLE that was totaled at the end of November. After many of test drives with brand new & used & number crunching. I have decided against payments for the next multiple years besides my house already and choose a 2008 Acura TL. It is powered by a 24 valve 3.2 Liter 5spd automatic with 87,144 original miles. Car is in real good shape, has alittle paint missing on the bottom of the back bumper right at the one dual exhaust. Took the car for a good 40 minute test drive initially and was marveled by the leather interior and the spacious cock pit. Car handled like a dream around Pennsylvanias finest back roads. Has 4 brand new treads, new battery, new brakes all the way around, new rear struts and a fresh inspection good till 2016. He was asking $11,600.00 and I mentioned the paint missing in the back and a small ding on the roof -- I countered with $10,800.00 and he accepted. At one point I had to try the manual 5 spd automatic and get on it hard and it responded with balls to the walls/hells yesss action!!! Hope to get a good 10 years out of this beauty!! P.s Car is garage kept also. The man im buying it from just bought a brand new 2015 Subaru Outback & his wifey has a 2014 Honda Oddessy. He said he really didnt want to get rid of it but between his 3 kids with there bikes/stuff in the garages & his 08 Road King Classic taking up one bay. Something had to give -- I can deal with that!!
smile.gif
Now what oil & filter combo does it get?? Here we go again!!
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I would change all fluids(ATF, PSF, Coolant, Brake fluid, oil ...) in this 87k miles TL so that you start fresh, and do normal maintenance from now on will keep this TL running at top shape for many more years.

Yeah, a full ATF refresh would be good. Save for an upcoming Tbelt job.

Nice cruiser for highway trips - ex had one and we'd average 32mpg at 70+ mph usually. Brother still has a '05 6spd manual, all black, that runs great with ~2.5x your mileage.

Definitely change all the fluids like others mentioned. I'd stick with genuine Honda fluids only. I'm surprised the rear struts went out so soon. IIRC, Honda/Acura use Showa struts, which are very high quality. Many people (myself included) have 150K+ miles on the original struts.

For oil/filter, use any quality 5W20 and filter (Wix/Napa Gold, Fram Ultra, Honda A01/A02) and you're golden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back