Intermittent turn signal failure: Volvo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might have been mentioned here before, but I figured with the few Volvo folks we have, this would be handy.

Specifically the GFs 2002 S60 with 140k: The turn signal seems to work when it wants to and a bit of tweaking is needed to get it to even engage now. Over the last year, I have noticed it getting worse so it led mean to Google. The dealer said it was a bad wire connection and that the whole assembly needs replaced. I guess they had the faulty connection part right.
smile.gif

Found this. Seems like a simple DIY fix. HTH.
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?62179-Solution-to-Intermittent-Turn-Signal-Problem

My old '95 850 had a problem with the ABS. Every time the light would turn on I would lose pretty much all my lights and turn signals. Would have to park the car and restart it. The shift release was broken and I had to use shift override from time to time. It always seemed to trigger the ABS light.

Hello, Great reference link you posted. Thanks.
2002 V70 base, 180.3K.
My left turn signal sputtered 4 years ago at 123.8K.
I do not remember the symptoms.
A fellow at the dealership said there was a problem with some front turn signal sockets.
Volvo p/n 8662985 fixed it.
Only recently has the symptom begun to return occasionally; call it fortnightly.
It seems to occur when the steering wheel's position conflicts with the cancellation trigger's space.
I nudge the wheel and reapply the directional signal and everything's OK.

It never occurred to me that the physical cancellation of the stalk is separated from the electronics of the light bulbs by as fancy a system as this. Thanks again for the link. Kira

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back