Chassis, JT-6 or Synpower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both the Mystik JT-6 and the Valvoline Synpower grease are NLGI GC-LB. just wondering is the red fine or do my fittings prefer grey Moly......

Fittings:

Outer tie rod
Inner tie rod
Upper ball joint
Lower ball joint
Idler arm
Pitman arm

Am I being over-zealous, that is, will I notice a ride/steering difference and prolonged component life OR never be able to tell a thing.

Honestly, now that I have both I will just pick a preference then use the other one after the first is used up.

I've been using black moly grease and red chassis grease interchangably for years. Nothing's fallen apart yet. The tubes for both kinds both say to use them in the same applications, fwiw.

I'm using John Deere moly grease at the moment.

I've been using JT-6 for about a year and a half and just love it. I use it in heavy duty use, all of the front end and high heat applications like my brake slack adjusters and s-cams.

It holds up better than anything else I ever used (shell retinax, valvoline crimson and mobil extreme) and it's inexpensive.

I can't knock any other greases but the Mystik is just great in my use. Between the heavily loaded front end and high heat brake applications, I give grease a workout (as do any class 8 trucks like mine).

Been using the jt 6 red grease on my dump trucks and there moly black grease on my skid steer very happy with it and at farm and fleet I buy it by the case and a lot of times mystic has a rebate on it , very good value

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Both the Mystik JT-6 and the Valvoline Synpower grease are NLGI GC-LB. just wondering is the red fine or do my fittings prefer grey Moly......

Fittings:

Outer tie rod
Inner tie rod
Upper ball joint
Lower ball joint
Idler arm
Pitman arm

Am I being over-zealous, that is, will I notice a ride/steering difference and prolonged component life OR never be able to tell a thing.

Honestly, now that I have both I will just pick a preference then use the other one after the first is used up.

Well both greases are Extreme Pressure rated and will work well for chassis and wheel bearing lubrication. Of all the grease zerk locations you listed, the ball joints probably take the most pressure and abuse. I suppose the moly additive in the synpower could give them extra protection, especially If you go a long time in between greasings.

To answer your question directly, either will work fine. If you really want, give each zerk 1 pump of Synpower followed by 1 pump of JT-6. Now you will have a dark reddish grey mixture of ultimate grease power!!!!!

Even better idea, mix up half a tube of Valvoline synpower with half a tube of Mystik JT-6, put it in a new tube with your label on it and charge $25 per tube. Call it Mjoeking's Mystoline JT-6 power grease!!!

Sit back in your executive chair and watch the millions roll in!!!

banana2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back