Zenith 28/228 Carb Parts????

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I had a guy bring me a Zenith 228 carb. It is off a skid loader. Now this is basically the updated model 28 they put on 4 and 6 cylinder cars for about 30 years from the 30's to 60's. No problem for me to clean and rebuild...except that someone tried to do it before and threw away the removable venturi for it. Without it, there is no way this thing will run right. The dealers are no help.

I need a 22mm one, which I guess is the smallest one they make. Any place you guys know of that would have one in stock?

Last edited:
Sometimes with an old deal like this, matching up the mounting dimension with something a bit newer and more common makes sense-good luck either way.

Originally Posted By: Lapham3
Sometimes with an old deal like this, matching up the mounting dimension with something a bit newer and more common makes sense-good luck either way.

It is not that old..maybe from the 80's. It is just the same carb they used to use on old vehicles. It found life later on in things like skid loaders with a few refinements. I did have an old Rochester monojet, but it would not bolt up and I am guessing would be way to much carb. It was off a 215 or 235 6 cylinder, and this was a 1,700cc 4 cylinder. That is less than 1/2 the size of a 215.

I actually was able to FINALLY get the parts today. I found Zenith's website...kept getting a "we are not open on the weekend" message which worried me since it was a wednesday. I called to listed distributors but they were lost...finally someone at Zenith called me back and I got everything I needed for under 30 bucks.

Originally Posted By: LX289
Originally Posted By: Lapham3

I second that but perhaps this might help.

http://www.carbkitsource.com/carbs/tech/Zenith/Zenith Model 28 228.html

Found that when I was googling, but I had the kits, but not the missing part. They did not sell the venturi inserts(part 50 in the exploded view on the site)

Contact Treadwell Carburetors in New York. They're a mom 'n pop place and know their carbs. They are who I had to go to get a replaceable venturi for a Marvel carb on a Minneapolis Moline tractor. The replacement will likely be plastic, but it's no big deal.

edit: I can get you their phone number in a little bit.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: The_Eric
Treadwell's number is (607) 829-8321.

Thanks...if I find myself in a bind again with old parts, I will have that number handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back