Oreilly sale: Havoline Syn + Microgard $15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oreilly has 5Q Havoline ProDS full synthetic + Microguard filter for $24.99, with a $10 mail-in rebate. Limit 2.

So $15 for 5Q full synthetic and a filter.

Thinking this would be good for my Volvo - 5k OCI. I'm using Maxlife but would prefer a full-syn due to turbo and possible sludge.

Originally Posted By: qdeezie
Any idea who makes their Microguard filter?

WIX

I just ran my MR2 filter (because I know the subaru is the same) and it is identical stat-wise

MicroGard - Oil Filter
Part Number: MGL51394
Line: MGD

1 year limited warranty
UPC: 765809470361
Style: Canister
Outside Diameter (In): 2.685 Inch
Thread Size: 3/4-16 Inch
Height (In): 2.977 Inch
Anti-Drainback Valve Included: Yes

Additional Details

Burst Pressure (psi): 400 psi
Bypass Valve Included: Yes
Bypass Valve Pressure (psi): 8 To 11 psi
Flow Rate (gpm): 7 To 9 gpm
Media: Paper
Micron Rating: 21 Micron
Pressure Relief Valve Pressure (psi): 8 To 11 psi

Wix 51394
http://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/PartDetails.aspx?Part=51394

Part Number: 51394
UPC Number: 765809513945
Principle Application: GM (85-09), Daihatsu (88-92), Infiniti (91-96), Kawasaki Mules, Nissan (91-95), Buell (00-11), Toyota (80-15), Scion (04-09), Atlas-Copco, Briggs & Stratton, Caterpillar, Cub Cadet, Generac, John Deere, Kubota, New Holland, Pontiac Vibe (03-10)
Applications
Style: Spin-On Lube Filter
Service: Lube
Type: Full Flow
Media: Paper
Height: 2.977
Outer Diameter Top: 2.685
Outer Diameter Bottom: Closed:
Thread Size: 3/4-16
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: 8-11
Anti-Drain Back Valve: Yes
Beta Ratio: 2/20=6/20
Burst Pressure-PSI: 400
Max Flow Rate: 7-9 GPM
Nominal Micron Rating: 21

Last edited:
the Volvo has a cartridge filter, where you put the bare filter element into a re-usable can. No need to cut the filter open after OCI, it already is.

The Wix and the Microguard look very similar. I also have some K&N filters in my 'stash.

That's a fantastic deal. I wish I would've known about this before I went to Menards yesterday to stock up on the QSUD that was on sale for $3/quart. I could've gotten a free oil filter, basically.

The ad says a Microguard filter up to $5.49. The one for my V would be $9 so I would pay the difference. Might get the filter for a different car instead.

That's a good deal, but they have them a couple times a year so no knee to jump on it especially if u have a small stash

Havoline full syn is rarely on sale, actually not many places have Havoline of any kind.

5 quarts full syn with Wix oil filter for $17 + tax(after rebate) isn't bad.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Havoline full syn is rarely on sale, actually not many places have Havoline of any kind.

5 quarts full syn with Wix oil filter for $17 + tax(after rebate) isn't bad.

Move east
smile.gif

Havoline Syn is on sale every other month for between $3-4.50 per quart (sometimes with added rebates). Conv. is often below $3.

Looks like a decent oil/filter promo, especially if one likes O'R gift cards.

However as a point of information, the included MGL filter while Wix made is not the same as a Wix branded/labeled filter. Wix filters (and Napa Gold) use a silicone adbv and most have Wix traditional metal coil spring thread end end bypass. Thus the $2 extra for the Wix with the offer.

The MGL is more like a Napa Silver/ProSelect with nitrile adbv and less efficient. And some use a combo valve instead separate adbv and metal bypass. An example of a combo valve application (is shown here) That said, some MGL applications do use a nitrile adbv and Wix' traditional thread end bypass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back