No VOA on Pennzoil PP 0w20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I was not sure where to post this but I am curious to the additives they use in the new Ultra formula with the PP tech. Specifically the 0w20.

Pennzoil owns Infineum, along with Mobil, so you can bet they use the superior form of moly aw/af additive, trinuclear moly. Other than that, Pennzoil uses the usual zddp, calcium, boron. No titanium in there unfortunately, or maybe its OK they don't. There isn't any evidence to say their PurePlus GTL basestocks do much different than the previous oils.

Thank you for the info.

I am looking for specifics on the moly content of the unused oil as it seems to vary greatly depending on the different UOI's I have seen and I know a UOI is not the way to determine the base. I am surprised that I cannot find any information.

Originally Posted By: CrawfishTails
Pennzoil owns Infineum, along with Mobil, so you can bet they use the superior form of moly aw/af additive, trinuclear moly. Other than that, Pennzoil uses the usual zddp, calcium, boron. No titanium in there unfortunately, or maybe its OK they don't. There isn't any evidence to say their PurePlus GTL basestocks do much different than the previous oils.

Titanium seems to be interchangeable with molybdenum. So from what I've seen its one or the other.

And I wouldn't ever expect to see titanium in a pennzoil product simply because they have the best additive packages available due to infinium,along with Exxon.

For worse or better, I'm trying ZERO MOLY in all my cars for a while.

OTW, many modern FM (slickifiers, etc) may have no metal compound and are not seen on a UOA.

For inexpensive NA PCMO synthetic the PU/PP/QSUD report about as good as it gets.
Next, at possibly an upper tier:
there is:
Sustina, Amsoil Signature, RL, Joe Gibbs, Total, Motul Silkolene ...

My 0w20 cars run CLEAN, CONSISTENT and well on Valvoline Synpower. My 0w20 of choice for 7K+/- mile OCI after MANY trials of the typical competition over the past few years.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Originally Posted By: CrawfishTails

Titanium seems to be interchangeable with molybdenum. So from what I've seen its one or the other.

And I wouldn't ever expect to see titanium in a pennzoil product simply because they have the best additive packages available due to infinium,along with Exxon.

While I agree that SOPUS and Exxon make great oils I think there are also great oils made with Lubrizol, Afton, Oronite, NeuMarket etc...additive packages.

I would love to see a list showing which oil uses which companies additive package?
It would probably help with knowing which oil are more compatible with each other.

I remember reading that Pennzoil's original PAO synthetic (Performax) used an Oronite (Chevron) additive package and it was an excellent synthetic.

If you like lots of moly, there is only once choice in a 0w-20: mazda genuine motor oil synthetic, available at dealerships or ebay, etc. Watch out for price, shop around, because its all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back