That yellow stuff in the Schaeffers 132

Status
Not open for further replies.
is still bugging me, after dumping the stuff in I put some motor oil in the container and shook it up and about half the yellow came off the bottom. You could see the yellow particles floating in the oil. I decided not to use that part but I wonder is that the antimony I just threw away. Do we really know if it is a dye I mean the stuff is very light blue so why yellow dye? I may just go to lubro moly additive once the last of the schaeffers is gone because this seems wrong to me.

Last edited:
I suspect it is dye fallout. I'm sure you could contact them and ask, they should have a good set of formulators that could respond.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
I remember when that stuff was a BITOG rave.

I still like it. Problem is getting it is tough if you're not in the Midwest near a distributor. I used to buy $400 worth of stuff to get the free shipping to make it cost effective. Now with Amazon prime, other options come into play.

ya we have a dealer in town in the PNW, but they don't move much the box was real dusty. Do you just pitch the yellow stuff or shake and pour it in also.

Last edited:
I sent Schaeffers a question about it we will see what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back