Peak Motor Oil For Shop Use-Any Information ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My oil distributor has a "great deal" so he says on peak motor oil 5w20 and 5w30 i don't know all the details because i was not at the shop when he came in.. Anything new on this oil? How does it Compare to other sn oils?

Pretty well regarded on BITOG; lots of boron IIRC.

I ran about 50 qts over a bunch of oil changes.

Not a big surprise, but 'no issues'

What is 'a great deal?'

Last edited:
I picked a bunch up when Dollar General had it on BOGO sale a month or two ago. It came to well under $2/quart. Even their Dexron/Mercon tranny oil was under $2/quart. I like on the back of the container where it says they are the little guys.
I trust it enough to put it in a brand new engine that I dropped in my kid's car.
It hasn't locked up yet.

A few years back there was some crazy sale on the stuff and a bunch of people on here stocked up on it. Since then you periodically see people post UOAs of it, and it's a perfectly fine oil. If you can get it for a better price than other similar conventionals, then I say get it while you can.

Peak is a good entry level oil IMO.

I too and curious what the distributor considers a good deal. Whats the price per quart?

Did you ever figure out what filters to use?

I have been doing oil changes for a couple years straight with their conventional 5w-30 in a 3.8 Grand Caravan. The engine is running fantastically on the brew at ~245k miles. Yeah I stocked up on that AZ blowout of 5.28 quart jugs for $3.00. I even got some NextGen jugs for $3.00 that day. Crazy deal.

Last edited:
I use conventional Peak 10W30 in my Dakota. Peak has a good dose of Moly and Boron and my truck runs great on it, very quiet and smooth idle with good power and MPG. It burns about half a quart every 2200 miles. I stocked up on the BOGO sale at Dollar General last November. I ran Peak 5W20 in my wife's Honda Accord before we gave the car to her mother, it did a fine job in her car too. I sent 8 quarts with the car when we gave her the keys. Peak is an excellent oil. The local Napa store here sells it in 6 quart half cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back