My name is Joe and I am an addict....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to BITOG I am officially addicted to oil.
I cannot go into ANY store without seeing what is on their shelves. I go into Dollar General and snicker at their store brand oil with its SF oil rating.
The first day of the month I go to every part store website to see what baubles they have to offer.
I have never cut open a filter before BITOG, I have cut 3 of my MC910S open because I was paranoid of pleat spacing!
I am ashamed to say I trusted Fram Orange at one time in my life...(come on....NASCAR!!!)
Even my family has noticed I am going to the PQIA website at least once a day (which is how I found out Formula Shell is almost identical to Amsoil OEM oil).
I come here for a daily fix and even have a shortcut on my home page.
I am Joe, and I am addicted to oil....
Thank you...

Welcome Joe. We are all addicts here. A lot
of us are recovering Fram users too (even if we won't admit it) I am sure you will fit in just fine.

Hello all! And thanks! Ready for the long version? I have had many vehicles go over 200K(84 Firebird, 88 S10, 95 Blazer) using a variety of GTX, M1 and Castrol synthetic. 3k OCI regardless of manual, OC has never cost more than $26.
My current ride is a 14 Focus ST with Formula Shell and MC filter.
OCI are usually 3-4 times a year. I use OEM filters 99% of the time because...(I have to explain?)
Thanks again to every one!

Originally Posted By: sasilverbullet
I can quit any time I want! (I just don't want to)

LOL
Yep!!

Originally Posted By: tojo1968
LOL
can we organize a OA meeting?

OA is something else...
wink.gif

We welcome you Joe! I am a BITOG addict as well, its always an open tab on my Google Chrome. Now, I must say shame on you! No need to be ashamed of the Orange Can.

Thanks to BITOG I am officially addicted to oil.
I cannot go into ANY store without seeing what is on their shelves. I go into Dollar General and snicker at their store brand oil with its SF oil rating.
The first day of the month I go to every part store website to see what baubles they have to offer.
I have never cut open a filter before BITOG, I have cut 3 of my MC910S open because I was paranoid of pleat spacing!
I am ashamed to say I trusted Fram Orange at one time in my life...(come on....NASCAR!!!)
Even my family has noticed I am going to the PQIA website at least once a day (which is how I found out Formula Shell is almost identical to Amsoil OEM oil).
I come here for a daily fix and even have a shortcut on my home page.
I am Joe, and I am addicted to oil....
Thank you...

You are really addicted when your "stash" shelves in the garage are filled with oil and you start storing the extras in the back of your bedroom closet.

Hi Joe your ok. Some young man on has a problem he puts oil in a shoe box to keep it from his young wife and the worst part is he posted the pictures on this site
wink.gif
now he has a problem

Last edited:

there is nothing wrong with orange fram...perfectly serviceable for 5k OCI.

OCI are usually 3-4 times a year.
seems like BITOG hasn't helped much because from my understanding of being on here, its always been to show how useless 3k OCI are or the "time" oriented OCIs. From what I understand from being on BITOG is that all motor oils with the right certification for your vehicle, will be more then adequate in protecting your engine, and another thing is extending your OCIs beyond 3k is more then acceptable for most vehicles barring the service the vehicle is under.

I use OEM filters 99% of the time because...(I have to explain?)
please do, I don't understand, is it a special filter? if not then companies that specialize in making oil filters, will introduce a better filter for your car then OEM oil filters, especially in efficiency and material quality to extend it's use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back