Where did valvoline nextgen go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a little skeptical about it at first but it appeared to be of good quality, I wanted to give it a shot a while back and couldn't find it anywhere! Did valvoline discontinue it?

The 5w20 failed NOACK IIRC, but several folks here have used it issue free.

I too was skeptical of it, but looking back, it was for no reason. It was very light colored too compared to VWB. I would describe it as a light beer vs. an amber beer.

Worse performance that VWB, and cost was the same. I like the idea of recycling oil but Valvoline's reasons for charging the same were invalid IMO.

I guess for what it was it could be considered overpriced when compared with 'new' oil. It's kinda like having brake rotors turned, usually the same price to just get new ones.

the cost was nuts if it was $1.50 a quart what i thought it was worth many people would have bought it because price is one of the most important things in sales.

^Yup, it's in many of our stashes for pennies on the dollar. Not on the shelf anymore for slow sales. I think they should have priced it lower than the standard stuff. If I were walking into Walmart for a jug of MaxLife and regular and NextGen are the same price then I'm getting the regular.

Yeah I wish I had grabbed some when it was being closed out. I never turn down a deal on something that doesn't expire and I'll need indefinitely... like deodorant, cleaned off the shelf when my brand was $.80 a stick!

Is there any good reason to think that a perfectly good oil cannot be made from recycled oil? Wouldn't the refining process be easier than crude?

If I was to make steel, wouldn't it be easier to get from some crushed car rather than iron ore?

If NextGen didn't meet some spec, I doubt it had anything to do with where the base oil came from.

Anyone know what the problem was?

I had gotten around 100 quarts at .33 cents a quart after some O'Reilly's coupons when they clearances out their MaxLife 10w40. Don't have much left.

It went to the stashes of BITOG'ers, who first cleaned up on FAR introductory offers, then cleaned out the shelves when it was clearanced due to lethargic sales.

I don't expect to see it again in the wild, although I imagine it will remain on Valvoline's site for a while yet.

i didn't really have a problem with any of it. i liked it just fine. it was kinda a fail from a marketing perspective. it seemed environment friendly, but come to find out most people dont want recycled oil in their engine even if it is technically just as good.

My wally world has about a dozen quarts on the clearance rack that have been there so long they are getting all dusty. I would buy them, but they have only marked them down 50 cents from full price. I think they will sit there long time at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back