stationary air compressor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 5 HP two stage with 60 gal tank that has been on its pallet since about 1985. The pallet has gotten beat up over the years and two moves. I am thinking of building a new pallet of 2x4 and 2x6.

Mine's been on the pallet since I bought it new in 2008. I think it said the warranty was valid only if installed properly (anchored to a suitable floor). If the warranty isn't a concern for you, it should function just fine on the pallet.

I got floor mount rubber insulators and bolted it down to my garage floor. When on the insulators it helped cut down on noise quite a bit. If you have it on a pallet just be careful if you have kids around because they're top heavy and can be pulled over without much effort.

I have a 60 gal ingersol 5hp. It's setting on the floor on rubber pads not bolted down. It's been there for a few years no problems.

When I had a 60 gal I left it on the pallet. I tethered it to the wall with a cable to prevent it from falling over if me or the kids pulled the hose too hard or something like that. It never did tip though. I sure do miss it, but my 30 gal gets the job done. I have the 30 tethered also because the wheels make it easier to tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back