Chrome/Aluminum Wheel Protectant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to protect my aluminum wheels from the salt. There getting worse every year. Is there anything SAFE I can spray on them. I Ran out of Fluid Film.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Looking to protect my aluminum wheels from the salt. There getting worse every year. Is there anything SAFE I can spray on them. I Ran out of Fluid Film.

303 Protectant seems pretty good, has UV protection too.

BTW, you can order Fluid Film and 303 from Amazon.

I'm sure you know that some de-greasers will etch aluminum, Simple Green seems pretty safe as far as cleaners go.

Originally Posted By: garageman402

303 Protectant seems pretty good, has UV protection too.

BTW, you can order Fluid Film and 303 from Amazon.

I'm sure you know that some de-greasers will etch aluminum, Simple Green seems pretty safe as far as cleaners go.

O'Reilly Auto also carries 303. They don't usually stock it on the shelves, but they do have it in the back in various quantities.

Was thinking more along the lines of some oily substance. Right now it's snowing and there is salt on the roads plus it's 19 degrees outside. So I dont want to clean them and apply any wax or sealant.

Was thinking more along the lines of some oily substance. Right now it's snowing and there is salt on the roads plus it's 19 degrees outside. So I dont want to clean them and apply any wax or sealant.

Brush on some grease and deal with it in the spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back