eBay fuel injectors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mclasser
Have you checked Rock Auto?

I'd avoid reman. injectors.

Not yet and why?

I got a used one to replace one obviously stuck open. Worked great.

But if all eight of yours are flawed why do you think other used ones are good?

Originally Posted By: eljefino
I got a used one to replace one obviously stuck open. Worked great.

But if all eight of yours are flawed why do you think other used ones are good?

Well "reman" should be better then my old stock leakers.

Originally Posted By: daman
Just PMed him.

Smart move! He'll do the right thing!

Un till then I mean why wouldn't reman work that's the purpose of a rebuilt to fix any issues they may have, I've used reman parts many times with out issues.

Pm sent.

Generally unless the injectors are racing customizable units or many diesels injectors cannot be rebuilt or remanufactured.
some plastic housings can be reused with brand new internals but not the metal body style you have.
They are sealed when they are built and trying to get into the pintel, disc or coil will destroy the unit.

They can be cleaned, tested, new filters, pintel caps and o rings thats it.
The problem with many ebay $100 sets is these guys buy cores by the barrel. they have no idea where the units came from or how many miles are on them.
There may be 50 of the same type in the barrel. they dig sets out, clean them up and flog them.

There is no guarantee they were cleaned properly or the flow measurement they take are accurate.
Many of these guys just static flow them and find 8 (example) that flow the same and there they go.

Auto flow which closer duplicates the actual running of the engine is much more accurate but it also has a much higher discard rate. Too much trouble for many.
Maintaining the equipment is also important in obtaining accurate readings, old fluid that may have cleaning solution in it is inaccurate.

There is a lot to know and a lot of diligence involved to do them right.

Replied
smile.gif

Just a little update...

I would like to thank Trav(Paul) for his outstanding performance in this issue I had with my truck, Some may know GM's Big Block 454(1996-00) had a bad design injector and after contacting Paul he did everything he could to find me a set at a fair price.

He then went through them making sure there wasn't one problem with them and when he was totally satisfied he sent them out, I received them quickly got them installed and the truck runs like new.

Very professional man and does quality work I will be using him again in the future, well done Trav
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: daman

Very professional man and does quality work I will be using him again in the future, well done Trav
thumbsup2.gif

+1 You hit the nail on the head! I had the pleasure to meet him and have him do some work for me that I wasn't comfortable doing. His knowledge and the quality of his work is amazing. Anyone in need of injectors, or injector cleaning should shoot him a PM.

Ask yourself.
If I had quality parts to sell, why would I be flogging them on fleaBay?
I'd offer them to shops, which want to use good parts since good parts bring no call-backs.
There might be some good injectors on fleaBay, but do you really want to spend your money on clean looking junk and go to the trouble of installing it only to have to repeat the process and good luck on getting compensated for the junk that you paid good money for.
Trav is no doubt a good source and if he tells you it can't be rebuilt, then it can't.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Ask yourself.
If I had quality parts to sell, why would I be flogging them on fleaBay?
I'd offer them to shops, which want to use good parts since good parts bring no call-backs.
There might be some good injectors on fleaBay, but do you really want to spend your money on clean looking junk and go to the trouble of installing it only to have to repeat the process and good luck on getting compensated for the junk that you paid good money for.
Trav is no doubt a good source and if he tells you it can't be rebuilt, then it can't.

I quickly came to the conclusion that ebay isn't the place for trusted service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back