MAXLIFE ATF MSDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it shifts great. the problem is the "full synthetic" advertising while it should be advertised as synthetic blend.
a lot of people here talk garbage about OEM fluids, how they they are not fully synthetic and how mexlife is "full synthetic" at a fraction of cost. here is why it's cheap. i suspect regular dexron vi is similar.

So Ashland calling Maxlife ATF a 'full synthetic' is deceptive?
I'm surprised a competitor hasn't called them out on it?

Originally Posted By: pbm

i suspect the competitors are playing the same game.

How are they allowed to advertise this as full synthetic when it should be a synthetic blend? I am using this AFT now and I have a few more quarts for the future. I am disappointed as I was under the impression that I was buying a syn ATF.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek

Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF:

1-DECENE, HOMOPOLYMER HYDROGENATED (PAO) 20- SEVERELY HYDROTREATED HEAVY PARAFFINIC DISTILLATE (Group III) 50-<60%

I am not sure how they can advertise "FULL" synthetic when its a synthetic blend. Yes, I am disappointed as I was under the impression I was putting in a synthetic AFT which would have been an upgrade from OEM fluid on the Buick and Uplander. However, I still know that its an excellent ATF and will continue using it in both vehicles in the future.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
pbm said:

Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF:

1-DECENE, HOMOPOLYMER HYDROGENATED (PAO) 20- SEVERELY HYDROTREATED HEAVY PARAFFINIC DISTILLATE (Group III) 50-

I was thinking the same thing!...Group III & PAO???

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF:

1-DECENE, HOMOPOLYMER HYDROGENATED (PAO) 20- SEVERELY HYDROTREATED HEAVY PARAFFINIC DISTILLATE (Group III) 50-div>

I was thinking the same thing!...Group III & PAO???

Exactly, which would indicate that the competitors are definitely not playing the same game, LOL!
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: gregk24
I am not sure how they can advertise "FULL" synthetic when its a synthetic blend. Yes, I am disappointed as I was under the impression I was putting in a synthetic AFT which would have been an upgrade from OEM fluid on the Buick and Uplander. However, I still know that its an excellent ATF and will continue using it in both vehicles in the future.

If we want to get technical, a "full synthetic" oil, atf, etc. doesn't exist period. The additive carriers, 9 times out of 10, are sub Group III.

At the end of the day without clear legal terms of what can be called what, it's manufacturers discretion of how a product is marketed.

Well here's the deal if i remember correctly (It would be better if you looked up the actual lawsuit) if you remember years back Mobil sued Castrol over the advertising of one of their oils being called synthetic when in fact they changed the formula to something Mobil claims was not synthetic but long story short Mobil lost the lawsuit because the judge said the word synthetic was just marketing. Years before that synthetic was made in a lab now it can be a dino possibly group three or whatever. It goes something like that. Synthetic is just a marketing word according to some judge that probably knew nothing about oil.

I just purchased 2 gallons of the new jug that says Max Life full synthetic multi-vehicle ATF for Dex/Merc Mercon LV synthetic (I hope its the same old high mileage atf they used to sell) for $16.97 at wm i am going to use that in my friends jet black 2001 ford escape v6

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
... because the judge said the word synthetic was just marketing...

So a judge who probably knows nothing about oil decides that techincal features of a product are just marketing terms. Maybe he owned stock in Castrol's parent company!

Could be 70-100% group III in that msds.

Description and CAS can be read any way you want.

Without the VI of those base oils, you are making an incorrect assumption.

Marketing an ATF as full synthetic made with 90%+ group III is OK and not an issue. They can't market it as full synthetic if it ain't all group III.

Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech
Could be 70-100% group III in that msds.

Description and CAS can be read any way you want.

Without the VI of those base oils, you are making an incorrect assumption.

Marketing an ATF as full synthetic made with 90%+ group III is OK and not an issue. They can't market it as full synthetic if it ain't all group III.

Trust that it's 70% plus Group III as well!!! The fact that this oil doesn't sheer like conventional ATF's leads me to believe it is mostly Group III.

...And

For a variety of reasons, MaxLife ATF gets equal or better results than OEM fluids which cost 2 - 3 times the $16.97 per gallon of MaxLife at Walmart.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Well here's the deal if i remember correctly (It would be better if you looked up the actual lawsuit) if you remember years back Mobil sued Castrol over the advertising of one of their oils being called synthetic when in fact they changed the formula to something Mobil claims was not synthetic but long story short Mobil lost the lawsuit because the judge said the word synthetic was just marketing. Years before that synthetic was made in a lab now it can be a dino possibly group three or whatever. It goes something like that. Synthetic is just a marketing word according to some judge that probably knew nothing about oil.

I just purchased 2 gallons of the new jug that says Max Life full synthetic multi-vehicle ATF for Dex/Merc Mercon LV synthetic (I hope its the same old high mileage atf they used to sell) for $16.97 at wm i am going to use that in my friends jet black 2001 ford escape v6

It was not a lawsuit, it was an issue with the BBB/NAD where Mobil contested Castrol's use of Group III as Synthetic and the BBB sided with Castrol. This became the "new definition" of synthetic for anywhere that wasn't Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back